Volumio IOS App Frozen

I have the Volumio App on my Galaxy Tablet (android), my wife’s new iPhone and on my older iPhone. My wife’s iPhone and my tablet are very recent additions and Volumio is working just fine on them. But now my iPhone app, which has worked fine on Volumio for years, nd was my original tool to control Volumio, pulls up the Volumio home screen (with a small black box in the upper left of the screen), and is just frozen there. Nothing works.

But, on the same phone, if I go to http://volumio.local the UI pulls up and all works just fine. Any suggestions?

I am worried about deleting the app and reinstalling it as it was originally very difficult for me to get Volumio to recognize my NAS. Maybe that is not an issue since the other two devices are working fine and are linked to my NAS.

2 Likes

The app on your phone is not the system on your device (Rpi?).
So you can remove and reinstall it without damage on your system, as it is done on the other iPhone and tablet

dst:

Balbuze of course is correct. None to worry.

It’s not clear from your post if you’d tried the two less drastic procedures already. So, have you tried forcing a close/open restart of the app on your phone and/or forcing a soft llnreset of your phone itself. These too are exclusively non-destructive, they just shake the cobwebs out of the old phone gray matter. I’ll post the relatively quick procedures for older iPhones here. Just know that every couple years Apple changes up what key combos and button presses are required to proceed with phone “soft reset” and the “app restarts", You may have to do a specific search for your exact model to find the exact fingering required.

An “app restart” works on individual apps and removes the app from memory and also deletes any saved running state from disk or memory but leaves the app itself intact. No phone restart required. Just restart the app again after doing this and it should be fine:

if that doesn’t work try this -

A forced “soft reset” will restart the phone and clears any app and system caches and rebuilds therm as the phone turns back on. This will cause the phone to take up to a few minutes to reboot to normal login:

if that doesn’t work try this -

Good Luck!

Thanks for replies. I will give it a try.

I can confirm that the Volumio IOS app is much more problematic if I compare it to the Android or Windows app. I have iPhone 14 Pro and have installed the IOs app multiple times with the same results.