Volumio + board choice

Here on Volumio I found quick overview of b vs b+, and it says:
Audio purposes will benefit of that upgrade (unless you’re using a wlan stick, a USB Hard Drive and a USB DAC, but this is the kind of situation I’ll desperatly avoid with the little PI).

This is actually exact way I was planning to do

Would you please explain what is a problem then ?

Buy the model B, none of the extensions on the market will fit to B+.
Or you wait 2-3 month.

But there is no issue whatsoever of handling simultaneously hdd+wifi+usb dac ?

Wifi is optional, I ll wire rpi to router possibly.

Another question: how often would I need to use keyboard? Once I set up the system it can be disconnected and I can forget about rpi hidden behind my tv ? :slight_smile:

If everything works fine - yes

You are the man!

Getting B

Only had pops, clicks and stutter when using a USB DAC, not a single one since switching to an I2S DAC.

Dont know much about digital.
Rpi via usb to xmos to i2s ak4399 is my set up

As the IQaudIO Pi-DAC has been a huge success bringing super HD audio playback to the Pi we’ve already started on the B+ support board.

We got our B+ Pi’s Tuesday and yesterday we proved all is working as expected so layout on the new PCB has started.

Hope to have Raspberry Pi B+ specific Pi-DAC boards in the near future.

Will keep you all updated.

Gordon@IQaudIO.com

I didn’t think a keyboard was needed at all? Can’t it all be done from the web interface?

If all works well and you need no extra software or drivers - no keyboard is needed

So, having usb to xmos to dac really is USB DAC implementation and I may possibly have issues with signal?

Received yesterday rpi.
Put volumio (simple!)
Question: was I doing something wrong with it, having laptop connected to wifi and rpi via ethernet- I could not see volumio in laptop browser.
Only after connecting laptop to lan and disabling laptop wifi I could see volumio.
How to do then volumio on wired network and laptop on wireless ?

Hi voxxonline,

Just ensure your wired and wireless interfaces are on the same network. Do they use the same router ? If yes you can access the Volumio UI from your laptop via wireless.

yes, same router same network
will try again