Volumio App not finding devices on Android 14

Hey everyone,

After updating to android 14 on my Pixel, the Volumio App (1.8.0) does no longer find any of my Volumio devices. They do however appear in a network scan using Fing. There has been no change to the devices at all and the App has all asked permissions. On my Tablet running HarmonyOS aka Android 10 the same Version of the App (1.8.0) works just fine, it finds all the devices as it should. It worked on the Pixel with android 13 too, and there has been to change on the phone other than the system update, so this definitely seems related to android 14 from my pov.

Does anyone else have android 14 and can maybe confirm or deny this? Or any ideas on what could be tried to solve this problem?

Greetings,
Jannis

Pixel 7 with Android 14 and no problems with the android app (v 1.8.0).

1 Like

Check whether on your phone the Volumio-App has permission to find devices on the network.

The App only asks for location and notification permissions but those are both granted

I’m having the same problem on Android 14. My Android 8,9 devices stopped finding devices as well so it’s not only Android 14. I just tried the Volumio control app by @Joni_Salminen today and it found all my devices instantly. I believe the problem is with the official volumio app itself. I don’t know if there was an update that broke some things.

I’m not sure where to get help with this.

I see that the last app update was in October 2023, right around the time my devices were not being discovered by the app anymore.

Hi all, same issue here. Pixel 8pro on android 14 and the volumio control app instantly sees my pi etc, but the official volumio app does not see it until I cast to the pi using the YouTube music cast plugin. So volumio is clearly working and talking to the network, the official app does seem to have issues however. Just wanted to add a plus 1 to this log.
And re comment above about allowing the app to see devices, this isn’t a thing.

Same issue since Android 14. Is a fix in the pipeline? So inconvenient to have to fire up the tablet to control it.