Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Schiit Mani 3+
RPi4B

Works great! I made a login for the free level, but I can’t seem to find an EQ.

Also, what do I do to format my MP3 ID3 tags? Most of the labelling is okay, but it’s having trouble with my Billboard Top 100’s. Just a whole filename sitting there.

That being said, I know it operates way faster from the NAS storage (18,000+ songs) and has been set to continually play and has been going for at least 4 days straight, since the update. I go upstairs, turn up the volume and start listening.

Thanks for an amazing beta (for me!)

1 Like

Don’t know if this is version specific or if I need a log, but basically in qobuz playlists when I click a track - it starts playing the track after. Even if I press that track again and again, it plays whatever the next track in the playlist is.

This happens on Volumio 2 allready, with all the streaming sources. It’s backend issue, because when it starts to happen it also happens with all the client apps.

No, that is beyond the scope of the Volumio OS. Our focus is plain legacy and uefi boot support. The introduction of secure boot would only make our build process more complicated with no real gain for the majority of users.

Posted this on HiFiBerry’s Forum:

PI 3B and Volumio 3.139.(built on Buster)
I have now tried all 3 of my DIGI cards. DIGI+ DIGI Pro and DIGI2.

The oldest, DIGI+, works immediately with its Volumio I2S setting, the other two ALSA error.

Volumio say they do not understand your piCorePlayer comment. I presume from that they don’t use it?

A couple of users have succeeded with a DIGI2 by not choosing the I2S switch in Volumio and just waiting for the driver name to appear and selecting that. It hasn’t worked for me.

As you can see I have spent a fair amount on DIGI products and not being able to get the recent ones working is extremely frustrating!

You are looking at the FusionDSP plugin :wink:

1 Like

As above you are looking for the “FusionDSP” plugin

But first you must enable " Plugins Test Mode"
You do this by going to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dev ( where xxx is volumio’s ip address) and clicking the “TRUE” button under Plugins Test Mode

1 Like

Talking of plugins is anybody working on the “rotary encoder plugin” Id like to give V3 a proper listening session but is difficult without the rotary encoder plugin.

1 Like

Hi everyone! The last update (3.148, 10:48), visually very good, but EN LA VERSION MANIFEST every 10 seconds it jumps to the Profile page. cannot be navigated. You always end up falling into Profile.
raspberry Pi 4b+
Dacberry RDY+
Volumio3

Actualizado a Versión 3.149 (11:45:06) IGUAL que la anterior: EN LA VERSION MANIFEST salta a los 10 segundos a la página del Perfil. IMPOSIBLE NAVEGAR.
Updated to Version 3.149 (11:45:06) SAME as above: EN LA VERSION MANIFEST Jump to the Profile page after 10 seconds. IMPOSSIBLE TO NAVIGATE.

Hi Ale_Panno, welcome to Volumio. :slight_smile:

Please read the top two posts carefully before making further posts in this Beta Testing thread. There you will learn about how to send system logs, and find the latest Beta RC for testing purposes.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Thanks alot for sharing this. I was hoping to upgrade my current system, but can’t get it to work. I’m using an IQaudIO “Codec Zero”, which is not listed in the list of DAC Models during setup. It uses a Dialog Semiconductor DA7212 codec (different from the other IQaudIO hats), which works on i.e. piCorePlayer, so generally linux support should be there. Would be great if you could support that device, too.
Keep up the good work!
Best,
Benjamin.

Hi ben, welcome to Volumio. :slight_smile:

Seems as though IQaudio (Raspberry Pi now apparently) have done away with their old Pi Dac Zero, which I use with IQaudio DAC+ selected as DAC. The Codec Zero looks to be a bit of a strange beast designed more for tinkering with sound in/out than a dedicated audio DAC. Did you try any of the IQaudio selections on the off-chance?

Please include BOSS2 Dac drivers in this upgrade. Thanks!

Hey! Thank you for following up. I forgot to mention, I did indeed try all three IQaudIO options provided in the menu, but neither worked (I was getting alsa playback errors when trying to play something after selecting one of them).
It is a bit complex indeed, since one can configure those various in and outs. On piCorePlayer, I can use alsamixer to adjust all settings manually, but they also provide default “state files” that configure the chip for certain setups with alsactl (GitHub - iqaudio/Pi-Codec: Tools for the IQaudIO Pi-Codec / CodecZero sound cards). I bought that because I try to setup some sort of “line in” in my system, so that I can hook up my TV set to it.

@ben1 if you can, you can help us add your Hat to Volumio.
It should be pretty straightforward following this guide:
https://developers.volumio.com/I2S%20DACs#adding-a-new-dac-to-dacs-json-file

Hi,
What is manifest ui?
Thanks

It’s a surprise that has been worked on for some time… It’s a new user interface of Volumio3 :wink:

UPDATE: This UI is available for Premium User Only (Virtuoso and Superstar). It is also optional, so if you prefer Classic or Contemporary UI you can select those from Settings → Appearance

I have volumio 3 latest er version, I see a differences but not quite different then volumio 2.0.itm it looks OK

1 Like

Thank you!

Volumio 3.150 is required. IIf needed go in appereance and select it. Refresh your browser