Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Looks like it says there is something wrong in the file system - FAT32 actually, SSD formatted on my PC

JMiK.

Hello ,
My 4tb SSD is formatted with NTFS and works without any probs .
But had some with the usb-hdd-adapter on my RPI 4 .
Working one was hard to find . Finally I took one from an old 2.5 case .

2 Likes

Ok, then I can performm a ntfs format and see what’s going to happen.

JMiK :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Your disk was recognized correctly with UAS compatibility:

Oct 16 12:03:28 volumio3 kernel: scsi host0: uas
Oct 16 12:03:28 volumio3 kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Samsung  Portable SSD T5  0    PQ: 0 ANSI: 6

However, there is something wrong with your disk formatting

Oct 16 12:03:28 volumio3 kernel: F2FS-fs (sda1): Magic Mismatch, valid(0xf2f52010) - read(0x0)
Oct 16 12:03:28 volumio3 kernel: F2FS-fs (sda1): Can't find valid F2FS filesystem in 1th superblock
Oct 16 12:03:28 volumio3 kernel: F2FS-fs (sda1): Magic Mismatch, valid(0xf2f52010) - read(0x0)
Oct 16 12:03:28 volumio3 kernel: F2FS-fs (sda1): Can't find valid F2FS filesystem in 2th superblock

And when Volumio tries to mount the disk, more errors:

Oct 16 12:03:53 volumio3 volumio[892]: error: Cannot associate FS Label, not mounting
Oct 16 12:03:53 volumio3 volumio[892]: error: Cannot associate FS Label, not mounting

Did you eject the device properly from windows?

1 Like

Yes, properly ejected
I’ve just formatted it again, in ntfs with 1024 b blocks.
I’ll tell you later about the results.

JMiK :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: X86 Hardware issues (WiFi, DAC, Disks etc.)

Well, from what I understand, ejecting an External SSD from Windows properly is not Always possible,
and the consequence is the SSD won’t be mounted on the pi.
The safest way to transfer files from an external device to a pi is via network, lan etc
I’m going to try this I guess, not always practical for me. :frowning:

JMiK

Not sure if this is specific to the new beta, but I found that special characters seem to be missing in the artist name and song title on both my local screen, and in the Volumio IOS app. The ó is missing in Jóhann Jóhannsson’s name.

weird thing. I used to be able to ssh into my system normally (ssh volumio@ip) then password.
Since the upgrade, it’s not working. sudo ssh also not working.
I have to do sudo su first, every time

1 Like

Found another bug, not sure if it’s a new one or what - I decided to try and use the INTERNAL directory on the sd card to store audio files, uploaded them through smb (through finder gui in osx).
They’re there, and they work, but for each file the system creates a sidecar file that starts with a “._” prefix (see screenshot). I’m also using an external HDD connected with USB in the same way, and it’s not doing that on the HDD (only on the internal).

3 Likes

@volumio, I would love to know about EQ integration. Additionally, would Dirac integration be possible?

1 Like

Hello
Is it planned that the Allo Dac2 will also receive support from Volumio?

1 Like

Not working with hifiberry digi+ pro. No sound and an alsa error

1 Like

Also in the latest version of Buster the configuration of the Wireles network is erased. Each restart must be activated.
This I have been reporting for a long time. It seems to me that it would be a good idea to inform if the reported problem, whatever it is, is detected and if it is in the process of being solved.
RPi3, Volumio 3.114

Get the same issue

A short one: Can we expect this “Probe the system” plugin?

@btaney @adream
if you could post the log you can find instructions here :
https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/Sending_logs_for_troubleshooting.html

and please post the link in this form so people can look at it.

@danielfelix this already a long problem it was there in the 3.074 maybe @volumio can pick this up.
( i had the same experience after boot wifi is switched off instead of on . )
this should be fixed before the release.

Ok, after some research, I think I’ve located the source of the issue, and it’s on the windws 10 PC.
What happens is this type of SSD is automatically assigned as a SCSI backup drive, and as such, it just can NOT be treated and properly ejected as any USB External drive.

I tried to change the SSD’s properties once formatted, no success yet … :frowning::frowning::frowning:

I’d be delighted if anybody has a solution, would be helpful for many people I guess ?

JMiK

1 Like

@JMiK
Did you delete and rebuild the partition first ?
If there are more than 1 partition , delete all ,

I did a full formatting, and changed the SSD’s name.
I guess there is something to modify somewhere in the SSD’s properties, and it looks like windows does not offer any choice at first.
Maybe I should ask for help in some PC forum ?
This Samsung T5 External drive is supposed to be used also as a regular USB drive ?

JMiK

1 Like