Volumio 3.5 Supersearch and Infinity Playback Public Beta Testing

Please switch to Manifest, Classic and Contemporary are not implemented in this Beta.

And that was the trick I needed. Supersearch works… thanks a lott

I happy volumio fan.

1 Like

such fun…

1 Like

Are you enjoying it?

What you like? What you don’t like? How are you using it?

Very curious!

I’m a bit late to the party on this. I upgraded to the beta version a couple of days ago and I’m really enjoying the new additions.

I specially like the Related Artists/Albums feature. That’s typically how I discover new (to me) music, and as there’s no Qobuz Connect (yet) I was missing that feature since I switched from TIDAL.

I did originally have trouble with Supersearch - it caused Volumio to restart every time it tried to search (I would get the full screen wait animation, then the Configuration Updated message). I disabled the Bandcamp and SoundCloud pluguns, after which it started worked. I’ve since re-enabled the plugins and it’s still working, so I don’t have logs. If it happens again I’ll be sure to get logs.

Now it’s working it seems great! It produces some nice themed playlists, even though a search for “Woodstock 1969” includes Dire Straits…

I haven’t played with Infinity Play yet.

I also really like the new Artist and Album page design. It’s a nice improvement.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Volumio doesn’t seem to treat various artist (VA) albums properly

A post was merged into an existing topic: Volumio doesn’t seem to treat various artist (VA) albums properly

Does Supersearch work if you only have only a local library (no streaming services)? I have nearly 28K tracks and it does nothing so far. Is there some indexing time needed before it finds something? I tried several search terms and got “No Items”…

2 Likes

Yes, it should work just fine, if you have at least 1k tracks.

Would you mind sending a log after the search returns no results?

I was using the contemporary interface and switched after reading your post to manifest, but i still cannot see the toggle to go to Supersearch Beta. Maybe i must enable Test Mode in dev options?
EDIT: Enabled Test Mode and now i’m downloading latest release…

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/C0WMNpf.html

Same for me and there again, no streaming service.

Happy Monday! I just tried it again hoping there was some indexing time needed, still same result though, i.e. “no items”

Thanks to everyone who joined this beta test! Your help was really precious to get things to the level we wanted.

We are now live and this has been released to everyone. Thanks a lot for helping us making it happen!
See:

Of course, we won’t stop here: this feature will be refined over time thanks to your feedbacks and suggestions, so if you want to report how we can further improve this, your contribution is more than welcome!

3 Likes

That’s great news, but it still does not work for me. I posted the log above in the previous thread. Can you help me out please?

1 Like

here is the most recent log file, from just now: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/jhWTSzv.html

Please disable all the plugins you have, restart and try again. I think that one of your plugins is tampering with mpd (there is a timeout in mpd search)

Hi,

I am a premium user and enjoying the superseach especially with my Qobuz description. But how do I activate the “related artist” function?

Ignore my question; already discovered it! Super!

What’s your favourite part of the new set of features?