Volumio 2 on TV box Amlogic S9xxx S8xxx

nobody can help me?

I’m using CM6631A and XMOS as my USB DAC . They work well on my PC , but then I tried to plug either CM6331A or XMOS into the USB port of Khadas VIM , volumio can recognize them , but there isn’t any sound output from my speaker , dose anyone know how to solve this problem ? By the way , my volumio firmware version is 0.7

I tried this : Volumio-0.3-2018-03-30-aml812-armv7.img and I can do 24/96 with toslink but not the 26/192… Very odd.(before, I was on the latest release)

I’m using CM6631A as my USB DAC. It works OK on my PC, and I plug CM6331A into the USB port of volumio, volumio can recognize it, but I can’t hear any sound from it. Then I use XMOS instead of CM6631A, connect to volumio, everything is OK, the setting of volumio is all the same, so what’s the problem? I have tried both Volumio-0.7-2018-05-20 and volumio-2.419-2018-06-29, and got same result.

This sounds like a known power issue with some USB DACs. They draw more power than the usb port can deliver.
On a PC they may work fine powered from the USB port only, but on some boards you can configure them but thats it.
Try to power the USB DAC though a hub, I would guess all is fine.

Thanks for giving me this advise, i’ll check if the power supply is OK. Thank you.

There are currently no resources to help with kernel 4.18 (which is still wip concerning amlogic devices).
New working versions of Volumio can currently only be built when the platform is reverted to to 3.14.
In view of the upcomng „myVolumio” integration that would be very welcome.

I will be happy to help debugging headless Volumio with kernel 4.19 from the end of this year.

— Gé —

Hi,

I just found out about this thread and the possibility to install Volumio 2 on android tv box; finally I can make sense of my MXQ por 4k 1Gb.

I did download the image Volumio-0.8-2018-08-17-aml9xxxarmv7
burned the SD card
copied and rename btd files to root direcotory
powered on with the stick in the reset button
choose “Apply update from SD card”
choosed aml_autoscript.zip
but EVERY time I got the message “Installation aborted”

any help on that?

thanks!

1 Like

Hi, fantastic work on Volumio for Amlogic. I being playing around with it and was wondering if their is a script I could add to it, so that it can boot without needing a HDMI connected.

Seams it will only boot when connected to a HDMI connection, after which I can disconnect the HDMI and use it without.

Thanks in advance
Matthew

Add new ver 1.0 20181201 for all models s805 s812 s9xxx

ps revert kernel 3.14 for s9xxx

Thanks. I needed it for my khadas-vim2

I’ve tried downloading all the firmware version. But when I attempt to load the image via the USB burning tool the following errors were displayed.

Parse burning image fail.

Can anyone advise how do i solve this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have found out that the image is for sdcard and not for eMMC. Would like to inquire how do we boot from the sdcard ?

Understand that there is a install.sh script that move create the boot into eMMC. Can’t seems to find that too.

Please help

Update:
Have managed to solve the issue by burning the image via SDcard and managed to get it boot to the SDCard via booting into Upgrade mode

Have tried playing DSD256 on VIM2+Tone Board combo. But I’m getting stuttering during the playback.

Have tried to increased the buffer to 12MB with not improvement. Have done a screen cap of CPU during playback with CPU at full 100% during playback.

Want to check if anyone else is facing the same issue when playing DSD256.

thanks!!!
Volumio.png

Hi, this manual not work on Volumio2

Install Armbian to eMMC.

1. Be sure to activate multi-boot using the new image. If multiboot previously activated is required to repeat activation using files in a new image.
  2. Run Armbian from external media, run “ddbr” and create full backup eMMC.
  3. Execute script “/boot/create-mbr-linux.sh”
  4. and install Armbian on eMMC execute script “/root/install.sh”.

Can you please tell me how to install volumio on the internal memory, to boot without sd?
Thanks!

You need to first boot to the SDCard. After that ssh in and run install.sh as root.

What is the current version of volumio deployed in the 1.0 20181201 version? Can we update via the update button in Volumio?

I flashed Volumio-1.0-2018-12-01-aml9xxxarmv7.img to my USB drive, plug in my Andriod TV box and start Volumio. The system runs as usual. Wanna know if I can install Volumio to TV box emmc and there is Volumio in the TV box only. How to make that happen? any tutorials?

On Sunvell t95x s905x 1g ram 8 gb - after boot from usb or sd:

sudo install.sh

Password - volumio

the script executes successfully, but after rebooting, it does not want to load from the internal memory. For example, libreelec is installed in a similar script and works fine from internal memory.