Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards

Version 3.078 has an extremely old Volumio beta core, since July lots of things have changed.
The will be no more updates in in the Volumio 2 core of the Orange PI portings, so your issues must be resolved with a newer build of the Volumio 3 “beta”.
Perhaps the developer will have a “release” level version soon.

Hello.
Can You add WM8804 to Volumio.

Could you be a bit more specific so that @VyacheslavS knows what you mean?

I believe he means the patches from @mafiu from up in this thread…

Also @VyacheslavS would you consider submitting your DSD patches also as a PR to the volumio repo? Would be good to centralise things there…

Speaking of, Gé could you have a look at and merge volumio/platform-orangepi/pull/7 :slight_smile:

Merge done.
You may want to peak at volumio 3’s nanopim4.sh, how I use the armbian .deb files directly.
Still needs the platform-file folder for static stuff not contained in the armbian build.

Central builds would even be a bigger plus, only opportunity to have myVolumio in all Orange PI builds, like the Odroid’s, NanoPi’s, Pine’s etc. But this needs a Volumio 3 style build recipe in order to run within the central build script.
Volumio’s build server is Debian based, so it won’t run (parts of) an armbian build.
Also allows use of plugins from the new store.
Without myVolumio integration, use of plugins would only be possible with manual installation.

That was quick, thanks! :+1:
Will have a look, thanks for the tip!

Indeed build should be possible from the server - I switched from my repo to volumio’s a while back.

I understand It’s low priority for these non-mainstream boards, but would myVolumio then be officially supported on these as well? i.e for paid tier plugins?

If it’s only for the store, I guess such boards user base would be skilled enough to get around the myVolumio limitations for the new store :wink:

I would “guess” it is. Never had any complaints so far with Odroid or NanoPi devices, quite a few members use myVolumio (including the OEM users of NanoPi Neo2/Neo3).
I see no reason why it would not be supported in the sense that there is only very little to none platform dependency.
Simply said, if it works with a Tinkerboard build (which is my reference), then it is very very unlikely it won’t work with any of the other armv7 builds.

now you can only connect dac with PCM 5102, it would be good if you could connect, for example, hifiberry digi in which WM8804 is

Have you tried the image from Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards - #226 by mafiu?

Thx, works with this image :slight_smile:

hi, i install Volumio2.882-2021-05-19 on orange pi pc , added 7 touch display and HIFI DiGi+ Digital Sound Card I2S SPDIF Optical Fibe

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005001709776554.html?_ga=2.225513370.1465265408.1643124364-229234356.1608067019&sku_id=12000017244552781&spm=a2g39.orderlist.0.0.5cc24aa6JmFBqp
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32944145680.html?_ga=2.132391182.1465265408.1643124364-229234356.1608067019&sku_id=66150967601&spm=a2g39.orderlist.0.0.62824aa607FVZN
install touchscreen display
display working when system starting , but not working after start - empty black screen

in libreelec kodi display and touchscreen work excellent
somebody tell me what i must doing correctly
thnx

Cieszę się, że działa.
:slight_smile:
As I didn’t know if anyone has tried this image

Hello everyone, I got very sick some time ago. That’s why I couldn’t be here.

DSD patch:
patch-e1da-sonatae22.zip (406 Bytes)

1 Like

in 5.16.y and later you will have to add it to quirk_flags_table[]

VENDOR_FLG(0x2fc6, /* E1DA #9038D */
		   QUIRK_FLAG_DSD_RAW),
	VENDOR_FLG(0x22e1, /* TempoTec Sonata BHD */
		   QUIRK_FLAG_DSD_RAW),

@gkkpch thanks!
I think that the stable version 5.16 of the kernel will not appear in Arambian soon.

great news
Orange Pi PC version works great on Orange Pi Zero 1 LTS (512mb) thank you !!!

The only thing is I cannot login to myvolumio, really strange

Community Portings will not have myVolumio, unless the sources are hosted on the Volumio github repo and images have been built on the Volumio build server.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply !