V1.4 Library is empty after scanning 18232 m4a files

Hello,

In the webui, does it only affect the Library tab, or both library and browse / any other MPD client such as MPDroid?

For me it is not just display issue since I have checked the /var/lib/mpd/tag_cache. It exists and it is consistent with both browsing tab and client such as mpdroid but does not contains my whole library.

I have solved the issue here.

I have permission issue for some files (minor), Mac resources files (files that begun with “._”)(minor), one corrupted file (critical) and one m4a file (critical).
Now all my 500Gb of music have been suceesfully browsed and my databse is created.

My recommandation is to read mpd log in search for crash, failure or just weird warning in order to eliminate all corrupted files.

Is it a problem with the database size or with the size of a playlist? On my Linux machine I’m using a mpd database with 13117 tracks without any problem.

If I had known that volumio could not cope with a Library of more than 10,000 files I never would have bothered with it.

I am very angry. This limitation was never made clear in the information about volumio on the web site. instead I got stuff about how volumio is usable straight out of the box.

I am not interested in spending time on a computer when I could be listening to music.

But this software requires me to become a computer expert. The only fix mentioned here is to do with line-by-line searching a mkd file? Which is found where?

These projects are either computer experts with minimal communications skills, or communications experts with poor software. I had hoped that volumio would be the best of both. I am wrong.

it is not a bug, it is a hard-welded limitation, if there hasn’t been a fix for a year or more, or the help documentation doesn’t provide a fix, or the bug isn’t publicised.

I have wasted two days on this. Now I have to start my search elsewhere.

Please put on your web site - you should not consider volumio and should go elsewhere if you have more than 10,000 files.

Hi all,

Well, I think SaladDressing is a little unfair in his judgement since it has always been said that the Library function has not been a main feature or functionality from the start.
However, especially when the number of songs, artists and genres is expanding it IS becoming a necessary function. So I really hope it will get serious attention.

Back to the problem, I suffer the same though already with 7000 song files… Second, it came up since I upgraded to 1.5 while the number of songs was approx. the same.

Let’s continue the thread without pissing off the developpers!

Cheers, Frans

hello there…
i have the same issue running on newest volumio version 1.55.
my library is more than 25000 files, a mix of mp3 and flac. i noticed that while scanning and before hitting this 10K limit? the library tab is populated but as it finishes or hits the limit it becomes empty. I tried both CIFS and NFS mounts without luck. I also noticed that when library mode is enabled it takes long (30-40 secs after the click) to open the nas mounts in the browse tab.

The title for this post state V1.4 and m4a file… i’m wondering if somebody is working on it or the assumption is being fixed in new version 1.5

thanks!

Hi,

The Library tag did not get fixed in Volumio 1.55 and not enabled by default.
I doubt whether there will ever be a fix, all development effort is going into Volumio 2 at the moment.

Is something going to be fixed in ver 2?