Upgrade to a new release causes NAS drive failing to mount

Hi,

first of all my congratulations for Volumio. It allowed me to enjoy some old hardware with the new liquid music.

I have had always the same problem when I decide to upgrade to a new version: my NAS drive after the upgrade cannot be mounted.
If I try to edit and press save I got an error:
Error in mounting share MUSIC (112): Host is down Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Checking the log generated from volumio.local/dev/ page I can see that the drive cannot be mounted and this error is shown:

Sep 24 19:44:09 volumio kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -112

I know for sure that doing a factory reset the issue will be fixed but it is a bit annoying because any time I have to apply again all the setting I’ve done.

I have also tried to shut down completely volumio, unplug the power and plug in again. No way I can fix it.

Is there any way to investigate better the issue and understanding why I have this problem?
This time I will not do factory reset and wait if you have any hint.

Regards,
Alberto

Hi Alberto. Recently nas had problems because cifs was updated for security reasons.
Something you can do is :
Use the IP instead of the name
Update your nas software to the latest version

Let me know

Hi Michelangelo,

thank you for your answer. The “NAS” is actually a USB drive connected to the Fiber Box (router).
This is not something new. All the times I have upgraded to a new version I had always the same problem.

Magically everything can be fixed by doing a factory reset. It happened in the past and I’m sure it will happen now if I do a factory reset.

For which reason it is working after a factory reset only?
Is there any sort of cache or something preventing this from working after an upgrade?
Is there a way to save my setting and applying them again after doing a factory reset?
Can I issue a mount command on the prompt to see what happen?

Regards,
Alberto

Hi,

I figured out myself the problem.
It seems that this time the issue is different than other upgrades.
I have added in options “vers=1.0” and the drive have been mounted successfully.
It’s good that this time I was able to upgrade my Volumio without need to do a factory reset.

Regards,
Alberto