Update to v 3.569 not possible. All you need to know

you can install plugin with a free account, you don’t need a premium one

besides that, you can make your point without being so rude, I honestly don’t really like this attitude.

2 Likes

Hi, I want to reflash my unit, but before I do that I want to save my current settings. How do I do that?

Actually, there is a way. :slight_smile: Did this to two of my rPi volumios already:

Step by step:

• put SD card into linux computer
  • resize/move root partition -100Mb to the “right”
  • copy files off boot partition
  • resize/reformat boot partition +100Mb
  • copy files back to boot
  • put sd card back into Pi & boot
  • everything is preserved and the update installs like a charm

This can be done using any linux computer with an SD card reader and sth like GParted for the partition changes. I used a boot partition size of ~160 Mb (original was ~60 Mb).

3 Likes

You are absolutely right, but this is a complex (and risky) operation, which we felt we should not suggest.

It’s kind of a nightmare. I have been using Volumio for several years now and every time I hope that the next updates will work without problems. My Raspberry is 100 km away and one device updated without any problems, but the other throws “Updating to the latest version on this system is unfortunately not possible. Please download the latest Volumio and flash your SD Card from scratch
For more information, please see https://community.volumio.com/t/update-to-v-3-569-not-possible-all-you-need-to-know/

Why update? Because Spotify doesn’t work without it and the Youtube plugin also worked intermittently. Then it goes, then it doesn’t go.

There is no application on the android phone either. I have it on my old phone, but I can’t install it on the new one, it says that the application is not compatible with the new android version.

It’s a shame that this program is so unstable.

Although, I like this software.

Thanks for the hint!
I was a bit hesistant to reformatting the sd card since I have a third partition on the card with all the music. Here is the guide that I used and also describes the procedure steps-by-step using a second raspberry pi installation.
And yes, it is somewhat risky: I got some trouble with mounting and had to edit fstab, but now it works again like a charm.

Is there a guide for a beginner how to do this?
I downloaded latest version of volumio and flash the file to the sd card. I saw 2 other partitions.
Is it safe to put this sd card is my digione signature?
Or do i have to resize partitions? Or what is the best way or should i say most eisiest way.