Tidal price drop from 10th April

Great news for Tidal subscribers, or anyone keen to give it a try – the high-res streaming service has announced that its monthly cost is coming down, across all regions.

As part of a move to simplify its subscription tiers, it will no longer keep its high-res, lossless and spatial audio content locked behind a £20/$20-per-month “HiFi Plus” subscription. Instead, it will be moved into a single individual user plan, costing a Spotify-matching £11/$11 per month.

4 Likes

Yes. I have mail from Tidal that my price for HiRes Tidal Drop from 40 PLN to 21 PLN

1 Like

Yes I got the email from Tidal today.
Pleased with the announcement and looking forward to it.

This is indeed good news and hopefully also some motivation for the team to fix Tidal Connect functionality in Volumio. At the moment it’s flakey at best.

Yes, I got an email. That’s a first, a price DROP!

you’ll now pay just ฿219/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Family plan.

Agree, Tidal connect seems quite hit and miss from about 4 updates ago.

Great news from Tidal, but wonder how long before this is available in Europe or will it only be for there US customers??

Will the native app in volumio be ajour with this “upgrade” or change of plan

the price change is global. Not sure what you mean with "be ajour with this “upgrade”

Meant if the native volumio app have to updated or is the switch to hi-res.

Native app already supports Tidal/MQA/Hi-res.

it happened:
https://tidal.com/pricing

Yes, this is great news for everyone. I think they’re on the right track. Not to derail the topic, but they’ve also implemented a universal or platform-agnostic link for sharing music: if you share a song or album link from Tidal, the url comes with links to the same item on other platforms like Spotify, Amazon, YouTube Music, or Apple Music. It seems to work with feature.fm .

More about it here: TIDAL’s Newest Feature Lets You Share Songs Across Different Streaming Platforms | Headphonesty

We are in constant contact with the tidal connect team to release some update asap

1 Like

Oooo, first time I have something cheaper in Poland.

1 EUR - 4,3 PLN

it means that I pay half price than you. Yesterday my PayPal took new price from my bank acount :+1:

Why Volumio is not cheaper in my “poor country” :slight_smile:

Damn Poland with their beautiful country and gorgeous woman. :joy: