Tidal Connect not usable

Hello,
I’ve got problems with Tidal Connect. In the past few months the Icon for my Volumio-Device sometimes showed up, sometimes not. No difference between Andriod-App and Windows-App. If it showed up, sometimes it worked, sometimes not. Now, after update and reset, it’s completely not working. De-Activating and Activating Tidal Connect sometimes helped in the past. I’ve got two different Raspberrys(3 and 3+) in different flats with different networks and routers, both with exactly the same problems only with Tidal Connect. Spotify Connect has no Problems. I wonder that it seems like i’m the only one with these Problems. I would appreciate if someone can help me finding a solution for this problem.

Hi Formes,

I wonder if this is related to your networks. Maybe this is fully off the mark, but, by any chance, are you running dual-band access points or routers? If so, is it possible that the device you’re using to engage Tidal Connect from is on a different band than that of the Pi’s?

No, i only mentioned the Network-Situation because i wanted to make clear that it happens in different hardware-settings or -combinations. It seems to me, that Tidal Connect stucks at some point, but I have no idea for what reason. I’m sitting here with my phone, the Spotify-App shows my Volumio-Device, the Tidal-App does not.

Hi! Is this issue with the latest version of Volumio, 3.512? And, out of curiosity, does Tidal appear as an available source within the UI, or at least do you have an available field to log in to Tidal via Volumio?

Yes, i’m loggend in, and it’s available in the UI and works there without problems. Before i did the update to the latest version, the behaviour was that Tidal Connect(with the Tidal-App) sometimes worked, maybe for 1 hour, maybe for two. Then it stopped, without any recognizable reason. After it stopped, the Volumio-Device disappeared in Tidal-App. Sometimes a restart helped, sometimes the Tidal-Connect Button within the UI. Sometimes nothing helped, and it needs a few days and then suddenly the Volumio-Device shows up again. After the update it seemed to me like it was gone completely, but this morning it suddenly appeared again within the Tidal-App. But only the Android-Version of Tidal. Within the Windows-App in the same Network it’s not visible.

3 Likes

Same problem here. After update to 3.512 it disappeared from tidal (iOS and MacOS). any solution?

I too have had this problem for the past couple of months. Is this a known issue that Volumio is working on? I just purchased a lifetime membership, and I am beginning to regret it. I purchased it with the specific ability to use tidal connect.

Also, sometimes deregistering and reregistering the device to my account would work but this morning it did not.

Are there specific networking requirements that have to be met for connect to work? Is my network possibly blocking a url or domain that I need to make sure is not blocked?

Hi!

I’m sorry, I’m trying to replicate it with no luck. Could you please share a log of your devices with the issue so the team at Volumio (@Darmur ?) can take a look at it?

As you have Premium you are entitled to use the support service

Same issue here. I just submitted my ticket.

Hello. I have the same issue. Tidal icon disappears from the home menu. When checking the sources menu Tidal connect is available and active under Functionalities Control but not showing in sources. Deactivating, switching off, then reactivating and logging in again with credentials brings it back. But this is a bit of a flaff every time you want Tidal. Which to be honest is the only reason I purchased a years subscription to premium, baring in mind other issues I have had with Spotify not showing as a source and NAS drive not mounting and only showing a fraction of my library. I have not logged this, as tbh Volumio weren’t any help with previous issues, just advised to contact the community. Hence reaching out now. Kit is Audiophonics RPi 4 Sabre EVO btw. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Well, you have premium - see the link a couple of posts above to create a support ticket. The community can only help to a limit, since Tidal is a Volumio core function.

Thanks Wolfman74 I have logged a ticket. Lets see what happens!

Are the folks having issues with Tidal Connect disappearing also running the Roon plugin? I am going to try and disable it and then reboot and see how long the devices stay “live” and if it corrects the issue. Perhaps there is a conflict with the Roon plugin and Tidal Connect?

Hi, Sorry for the delay. No I don’t use Roon. Update for everyone. Volumio came back to me and suggested that I log out of my account and log back in and this seems to work. Tidal Icon will re-appear when log in is refreshed. So for now that is a fix for me, although Volumio have left the ticket open, so I don’t know if they are looking at a more permanent solution.