Streaming Tidal/Qobuz to Volumio2

It’s one cliffhanger after another…
Now that there is an agreement with Qobuz will there still be the paid subscription option?
What about Tidal?
When will there be new infos? it was said soon, months ago…

I was sold on the idea of buying a mini86, but now I am seriously considering different software…

If things take longer than expected that’s OK… But if you fail to communicate this it’s not!

Your frustration is understandable in this long going saga, but at least there is Qobuz’s recent response to be relished. At this time of year with holiday/vacation time, you may need to be patient for a little longer for an official statement from Michelangelo.

Still no update on Qobuz availability?
Best regards,
Dominique

Hi, Any updates on Tidal implementation for Volumio?

The differences between Spotify and Tidal are huge, and I would love to hear this on my DAC :sunglasses:

How satisfactory is streaming Tidal via Airplay? Are you better off using the built in Spotify plugin?

I know it is not perfect for everybody but using Qobuz and Tidal over BubbleUPnP on Android with Volumio as renderer works great for me as intermediate solution.

Wondering what happened to those “almost ready” Plugins… Licensing issues?
Otherwise there would be at least some alpha version to test and maybe continue development by now.

We had agreements with both TIDAL and Qobuz. For some reasons related to API keys we cannot release the plugins as they are now.
However, we are working on a way to have them in Volumio and we will announce this hopefully very soon

Hi Michelangelo, are you planning to have the Tidal plugin enabled for MQA software decoding? It is already available for BlueSound devices and with Tidal windows app.
Mqa library is rapidly increasing in Tidal…

A fairly new product already has Tidal and more so I hope we can have it soon. The operating system is a combination of Linux and Android so maybe we can look into that direction…

whathifi.com/news/nativ-ser … ing-system

There are also many streaming services and I quite like QQ music. Don’t think we can have all the individual plugins so I wonder if there is a better way to do it?

technode.com/2017/06/23/top-5-ch … s-in-2017/

“Bump”, so to speak…
Really interested in status on the Tidal plugin.
I’m considering switching to Spotify for the lack of Tidal support in Volumio.
I would rather put my money in the Hifi-subscription Tidal offers, though.

/Binker

We’re almost there…

Okay, then I’ll wait it out a little longer. Thx. :slight_smile:

Hi, I am also using Tidal via BubbleUpnp server, which is not quite convenient.
I know it is all free, but could you please be a little bit more precicse? Is “almost there” another 2 months, 6 monhts, or couple of days?

I am eagerly waiting for this :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Richard

ecm.lnk.to/ECM_Streaming

I’m still waiting for the Qobuz plugin.

What about QQ music?

any news on tidal plugin? :slight_smile:

cheers janosch

Tidal, give us Tidal.
Volumio is great but without Tidal I don’t recommend this.

Maybe for you Tidal support is the deciding factor to use or recommend it, but most people can use Volumio very well without it.

And yes, I also hope that it becomes possible to use Tidal or Qobuz (which I have instead of Tidal) with Volumio but that is also up to these services and their willingness to grant Volumio access.

You should also ask Tidal to provide support for Volumio.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hello
I have again created a customer request with Qobuz and received the following very pleasing answer:

Hello
Thank you for your message.
Please be patient, we will work on it and the integration into the Volumio system will come in 2018.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Greetings from Paris,

I’m happy when we have it!