SSHFS mount

Hi guys,

I have the most stupid problem I can’t figure out.

I’ve successfully added my ext4 FS with SSHFS, but I can’t get my mount nor my music to be visible by Volumio.

• I’d like to mount my FS on /mnt/NAS but I can’t figure out how to add my music to Volumio (my FS is successfully mounted though).
  • If I mount my FS on /data/INTERNAL/ I can add some folders if I don’t add whole of my stuff. If I add all my folders, it doesn’t seem to work.

Any clue of what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

-j

Try making a symbolic link from your mount dir to ‘/var/lib/mpd/music’. You probably need to remove your mount dir first (don’t forget to unmount it), and type:

sudo ln -s /mnt/yourmount /var/lib/mpd/music/yourmount

Hi @chsims1, thanks for your answer.

Does not seem to work. FS is mounted well, but I can’t get to have it picked up by Volumio. It works if I mount only a few folders, but if I add all my music, Volumio can’t see anything. Would it be possible that it’s because it’s a 635G music folder?

On the other hand, when I try to browse by Artists, looks like Volumio is crashing: logs.volumio.org/volumio/4g5rX2d.html

Did I miss something?

I just spent a good hour on the same problem. This is a permission issue with mpd. The way below might have different security vulnerabilities but it works for me:

Permissions 750 seem to work on the server side for the folder including content:
chmod -R 750 /path/myfolder

Change mount (fuse) settings by
uncomment user_allow_other in /etc/fuse.conf

Mount /path/myfolder on the Volumio at /data/INTERNAL/mountfolder using sshfs
sshfs user@server:/path/myfolder /data/INTERNAL/mountfolder -o allow_other,default_permissions -o ro -o uid=$(id -u mpd) -o gid=$(id -g mpd)

Finally:
Do an Update on My Music

Have fun!

1 Like