Spotify Stuttering With Primo 1 Only

I have 4 Volumio devices. Three are RPI, one is the Primo 1.

I am running into an issue in which I select the Primo 1 from the Spotify app on my iPhone, PC, or iPad. It connects, but the sound skips/hiccups every second or so. If I start the stream on another device, I can group the Primo 1 and then it streams just fine. Unfortunately, this is the device I use directly the most, so that workaround is frustrating.

This happened spontaneously a while back after working fine for a long time. It was not related to any config change that I know of. The location I have the primo installed in requires a wireless connection. I have tried doing a factory reset on the Primo 1, but no luck.

I searched and did not see a similar issue. If I missed that, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

It’s probably related to the new Spotify plugin. I’ve mentioned the bug here New 2023 Spotify Plugin - #302 by raev

The work around is to disable ‘multiroom’ on the Primo, though it’s not a good solution.

Thank you! I have looked and I do not see that as an option. Could you point me in the right direction?

I found it! It was under “sources.” Unfortunately disabling it made no difference. Still skipping.

I am wondering if the Primo 1 should be considered an orphan platform? Would be disappointing, but I would understand if it was necessary for Volumio to thrive in the future.

Have you restarted the device after disabling ‘multiroom’ (for me the change first sets in after a restart), and have you checked that you at using the latest version of the Spotify plugin?

Yes, I am wondering the same :-/

Volumio confirmed in November last year that they will continue to support and update the Primo Mk1.

Hello @mrogerc

Here Davide from Volumio tech support

Please to help you!

Since you are a Primo owner, you are entitled of dedicated technical support.

An email has just been sent to your address, please follow up on that for further help

Thank you!

Best

DAVIDE

VOLUMIO TECH SUPPORT

That worked! Thank you. Will have to pay attention for a fix since I like to use multi room.

Thanks again.

Thank you! I will be in touch.

There’s a new update of the Spotify plugin v. 4.1. It almost fixes the stuttering - but only almost. The stuttering is mostly gone, but my Primo still stutters twice every minute or so.
Hopefully a future update fixes it completely :crossed_fingers:

Thank you for the update! I will give it a try and see how it works for me.