Spotify connect skipping songs

With iOS 15.5 and spotify connect it does the same. It worked like a week or 2 ago last time i played music.
Through phone or any other config it works flawlessly.

I’m on pi4 /8gb. With latest Volumio.

Tried also to log in and out but did Nothing. Also bunch of other hard resets and restarts.

I’m happy to report that ALL my issues with Volumio, the Spotify Plugin, and the Spotify App in my Windows 10 computer are now working as they should. No rapid song skipping, no “xpui.app.spotify.com can’t be reached" error.

I updated my PC app to Spotify 1.1.89.862, my Volumio OS in my Raspberry Pi 4b to 3.324, and my Spotify Plugin for Volumio to 3.0.3.

Many Volumio restarts were involved ( I restart after each uninstall and each reinstall), but in the end - all is good again!

1 Like

Sorry, newbie here with pi and volumio. How the hevk donyou update the plug in? Isn’t doing this automatic?

@Maxmartin - go to Plugins > Search Plugins > Music Services > Spotify > Details. You should then be able to see multiple versions of the Spotify plugin, from which you can select the version you want to install - if you already have version 3.324 of Volumio installed. To be safe, I uninstall the old version of the plugin and restart Volumio before I select and install a new version of the Spotify plugin and restart again. As far as I can tell, Volumio and its plugins do not update themselves.

1 Like

Duh ! - I should have learned long ago to wait a day or two before posting a “solution” to make sure I have tried all usages and rebooted several times. Unfortunately I have found a “minor” inconvenience when using my Win10 Spotify App 1.1.89.862 with Volumio 3.324 - the pause / stop button does not work. When I press it, there is a jump to the next song on my playlist. I have to go to Volumio to stop music playing. And, even more annoying, the “xpui.app.spotify.com can’t be reached" error has come back. Why it worked yesterday but not today completely mystifies me. I guess I will have to wait for further Volumio / Spotify releases.

So weird - I found that if I have the Volumio web page open at the same time as the Spotify app running that I get the problems as stated in my previous post. If I close the Volumio web page, the Spotify app works as it should. Not ideal, but I can probably live with that.

Had this issue again, started around july 20, 2022.
added the adres to hosts filoes of all my streamers, and all is fine again.

2 Likes

Problems are back again with the latest Spotify desktop app:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36

This time, it is regardless whether I have the Volumio web page open or not on my browser. To make matters worse, I can’t stop playing by clicking on the stop button in the desktop Spotify app. I have to open a browser and stop playing by using the Volumio web page.

I’m back to waiting for Volumio/Spotify to get their act together.

I suggest to use Connect only, and when using such mode clear your volumio queue

@volumio Our family has the same issues with Spotify Connect2 not working (skipping songs and no audio). Can I ask you to elaborate how to use “Connect only”?

Thanks in advance!

I tried to find a “clear queue” command in the Spotify desktop app. Failing that, I found a “Clear queue” trash icon at the upper right of my Volumio “queue” web page. Clearing the Volumio queue seems to have done the trick. My Spotify app seems to be working correctly again.

OK, so just need to be careful not to use the Spotify plugin with any other sources in Volumio. Is this issue likely to be resolved? It would be great to be able to mix my local music sources with those from Spotify.

What IP address goes in host file Rasberry PI? Does someone have a step by step procedure to solve the skipping issue

1 Like

No need to add ip’s to the host file. This is already taken care off in the default image.

Thank you for responding .I am having the skipping song problem ,Only with Spotify, can anyone provide a solution.
I am using the new image 3.
But I experienced this same problem with an older image of Volumio.I went for the latest thinking it would correct the problem.

Trying to get help with this.I would like to purchase the premium plan but with the jumping tracks problem in playlist I will not.I have the RB pi3.With Hifiberry Dac plus.
I see others have mentioned these issues.Is there a fix for this or is this ongoing problem.I have seen some mention of host IP but others say the new version address that.Can anyone shed some light on this. It seems to occur when you select a different track than the one that is playing the songs then jump to a random track, start and stop and keep doing this.Sometimes it can be interrupted by hitting the pause button.Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

If you’re having problems with skipping tracks using Spotify Connect, here is a workaround that works every time for me.

1. Hit the bin icon to clear the current playlist in Volumio
  2. Use Spotify Connect stutter and skipping free
  3. Repeat #1 after playing from any other sources
  • Raspberry Pi 4B
  • Volumio 3.396
  • Spotify plugin 3.0.7
1 Like

Hi,

i am doing it the same way SimonE described and can confirm it‘s working without hassles.

I control everything but volume control from the Spotify App - and volume control from Volumio.

it seems we have to be a little patient for a fully integrated solution like the one that worked for years - but Spotify changed the API and their documentation seems to be very poor

br
Josef

Has anyone solved the skipping issue,looks like last post was DEC 2022 I still cannot use spotify as is skips thru songs .Clearing playlist works temporarily but problem comes right back.Spotify is unusable for me.

what version do you currently have?

you could try the beta version.