Spotify Connect Plugin (old-volumio login with winscp)

My Dac is a Hifiberry Dac+. When I’m bome I will try your suggestions.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

For some reason it now works. I can find the Spotify connect name and play directly from a client. Great stuff! I noticed the plugin always shows as inactive (red bullet).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

The correct path is

/data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web/startconnect.sh

I found a problem there with my passoword. I always use very complex passwords, my one has a “&” and a “?” inside and everything after this “&” and “?” get´s lost:

/data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web/startconnect.sh: line 2: ./spotify-connect-web: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
/data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web/startconnect.sh: line 2: AGFr07: command not found
/data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web/startconnect.sh: line 2: hmh%m?er45oPc: command not found

The two last lines with “Command not found” are showing parts of my example-password.

Thank you for reporting. I’ll have a look to see we can do. :slight_smile:

Maybe enclosing the password in quotes?

@tomcek
I’ve done several test and I can’t reproduce the problem.
Could you give a example (of course not your password :mrgreen: ) I can test ?
Which device do you use ?
To see the content just type cat /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web/startconnect.sh
and paste the result.

I use a VM running in a vSphere 6 Cluster.

I always get this error (my password is in quotes):

/data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web/startconnect.sh: line 2: ./spotify-connect-web: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

I tried it as root and as volumio user.

Hi, I’m using Hifiberry Digi on a RPi2. Spotify Connect was not working, due to missing/wrong mixer settings. Leaving those params fixed the problem.

My modified “startconnect.sh”:

cd /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web
./spotify-connect-web  --username ### --password ### --bitrate 320 --name Volumio --playback_device hw:1

If you are not sure if the playback_device is on card 1, use aplay -l and look out for the hifiberry entry.

Hallo balbuze,

after some problems the plugin installed. I don’t know the reason why it finally works. Before I had strange errors…
That is not the reason because I’m writing. Is it normal that is in the web frontend no configuration Possibility?
I edited the file startconnect.sh. After some tries I had the right configuration and my Raspi 2 with a Hifi Berry DAC+ China clone works if I start spotify Web connect manually. If it starts with the startconnect.sh I can play only via Spotify App. The Web Frontend isn’t working anymore to play files “normaly”. Another effect if I change settings in the Frontend startconnect.sh is overwritten with a dummy configuration. Can you give me a tip to start the plugin automatically from a other place so it behaves like it was started from Ssh?
Thank you, great plug in so far. I hope it will included in Volumio2 as a standard Plugin!
In the meantime I use volumio 1.55 full working (DAC, Spotify Webconnect and WebGui) :smiley:

Great Job again Thank you!

Jason0815

I suppose you have set a other language than English? Because the plugin isn’t finished yet and only English is supported. Could you try that and let me know?
Edit : once configured you can select the language you want

Hi,
changed to English and there is a config :smiley: Just filled out and what can I say it works :smiley: :smiley:
Thank you very much!!!

Greetings from Bavaria (Germany)

Jason0815

good !
I’m working on this point ( and other)…
:wink:

Hi,

Was anyone able to get the plugin to work with a Pi3 and hifiberry digi+? The installation goes well but for some reason the plugin is staying inactive and i couldn’t get it to work properly.

thanks

I got it working fine with a Rasperry Pi 3 with a IQaudIO DAC Plus by editing startconnect.sh and changing

./spotify-connect-web --username 1231134565 --password blahblah --bitrate 320 --name VolumioConnect --playback_device hw:1 --mixer PCM --mixer_device_index 1 &

to

./spotify-connect-web --username 1231134565 --password blahblah --bitrate 320 --name VolumioConnect --playback_device hw:1 --mixer PCM &

i.e. I deleted mixer_device_index 1

I can now switch from local play to airplay to SpotifyConnect with no issues.

Works great, thanks balbuze

I made some change in the plugin. It should fix some output problem (remove mixer config)… But if someone want to test, it will be useful to debug.
Thanks.

I will try to reïnstall tonight, had some problems with the plugin yesterday though. The avahi-utils did not install, therefore the plugin wouldn’t start.
Right now the plugin runs, but I’m not at home so can’t test if it really outputs music and after reboots it doesn’t start automatically. However in the plugins section, it still shows as ‘inactive’, is there some log I can check for this?

UPDATE (12:24): It seems to start now on each boot, gotta check if I can hear the music when I get home. :slight_smile:

Problems I had:

• avahi-utils (though it is in the install.sh) wasn’t installed
  • had to update the startconnect.sh > ./spotify-connect-web --username {USERNAME} --password {PASSWORD} --bitrate 320 --name Volumio --playback_device hw:1 --mixer PCM &

It still shows as inactive though in the plugins management, it’s not giving me any problems so far, but it can be misleading. :wink:

I still can’t get it to work. The plugin is installed completely but unfortunately doesn’t show up as active and Spotify connect isn’t showing up on the other devices. Language is set to English. Credentials are working when using on other devices (no special characters). I tried to get it to work with a USB DAC and a Hifiberry DAC+. I also checked aplay-l and set the hw:5 or hw:1 depending on what device I wanted to use. Interestingly airplay over volumio is working. Is there a log I can check on for any errors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what device do you use ?
Did you download the last version ?
Can you ssh to your device and enter sh /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/startconnect.sh
and see what it returns.
Most of the time problem comes from mixer…

I use a hifiberry as well and did not have any issue installing the plugin and it worked without any changes, however:

• it takes a very long time after activating it before volumio is visible as a connect client, this is also the case after reboots ( not minutes, but hours)
  • the plugin is always displayed in volumio as being inactive
  • volume control work correctly as well, you can change it between 0 and 100% but on the remote Spotify client this is shown as a difference between 90and 100%

Sent from my iPhone (Tapatalk)

I made a change in the plugin for the volume control. So reinstall last version to test. You can also add --dbrange 45 in volspotconnect.tmpl

nano /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect/spotify-connect-web ./spotify-connect-web --username ${username} --password ${password} --bitrate ${rate} --name ${devicename} --playback_device ${outdev} --dbrange 45 & avahi-publish-service ${devicename} _spotify-connect._tcp 4000 VERSION=1.0 CPath=/login/_zeroconf
After that go in webUI plugin and save your config.
I don’t why it takes so long time to appears in your client, in my case it is rather 5 sec …
And yes, the plugin stay “inactive in the UI”… To be solved.