Spotify connect - can only see devices when logged in

Greetings,
I’ve been using spotify connect2 and I noticed that from the android app I can only see the device if turned off multi-user device and I logged in. If multi-user device is turned on, I can only see the device in the spotify desktop app.
Though if I first connect from the desktop app, I can also see it in the android app.

Another issue is that sometimes I hear no audio even though the progress bar shows like it’s playing the track.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Issue 1:
Can you check if the Spotify mdns broadcast is up and running fine in your network? An easy was is by installing a Zeroconfig browser and check if you have the _Volumio and _Spotify-Connect services visible?

Issue 2:
Logs please when this happens! :slight_smile:

sudo journalctl -b -u volspotconnect2.service

These are the services that I found (all from the local Spotify host)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Yep, looks like the mdns seems to be having some issues. If you are willing to do some debugging via ssh:

1. Deactivate the plugin from the WebUI

2. edit startconnect.sh in /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2

cd /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2
nano startconnect.sh

add RUST_LOG=mdns=trace in front of the ./librespot -b 320 -c, so something like:

RUST_LOG=mdns=trace ./librespot -b 320  -c /tmp 
  1. manually start the daemon
./startconnect.sh

Let me know what the logs look like

It does solve the issue, but after a reboot the file is overwritten.

EDIT: as for the second issue, it seems that it loads the track successfully, but if I change tracks rapidly, it takes a longer while to start playback. The developer is aware of this issue.

Seeking is indeed much faster in the new unreleased version - along with a few other improvements as well (direct volume control, better integration with the Volumio UI, Spotify radio, etc), we should get around releasing it soon…