Solved - Trouble (re-)mounting my NAS after it has been powered down

I had the power to my modem, router and NAS go down and, since then, my Volumio cannot mount the NAS (it was mounting prior to the power outage). This happened previously and it ended up being that the IP address to the NAS had changed and I hadn’t noticed, but this time I checked and the IP address is correct. At one point in trying to fix the problem I deleted the drive and tried adding it again. Unfortunately, I didn’t take note ot the settings before I did that. I’ve tried just about every combination of settings I can think of for the path (in particular) and nothing is working. I’m able to access the NAS from my laptop with no problems.

My streamer is a Raspberry Pi 4 and the system is accessing Qobuz with no problems.

So, maybe some specific questions would be helpful:

1. For the NAS IP Address, I don’t need to include a port number, correct?
  2. For the path:
    a. should the delimiter be a forward slash or back slash?
    b. should there be a preceding delimiter?
    c. should there be a delimiter at the end?
  3. Are the (sub)folder names case sensitive?

These instructions are for a Synology NAS, but the principles apply for any NAS: How to add music from a shared folder on a Synology NAS?

To answer your questions:

For the NAS IP Address, I don’t need to include a port number, correct?
– I don’t think so. I don’t include a port number when I do this.

For the path:
a. should the delimiter be a forward slash or back slash?

– I always use a forward slash
b. should there be a preceding delimiter?
c. should there be a delimiter at the end?

– I always use one at each end, but I’m not sure it matters (somebody on this forum will know for sure, though)
– So, the path should look something like: /shared/music/

Are the (sub)folder names case sensitive?
– I always assume the names are case sensitive
– It might depend on what operating system your NAS is running on: if Windows, then maybe not case-sensitive; if Linux, then case-sensitive.

For what it’s worth, I have two near-identical instances of Volumio connected to two usb DACs. I recently had a problem with one Volumio instance losing its connection to the NAS. (Since the version upgrade to 3.601, though that may be coincidental, since it continued to be a problem after upgrading to 3.611). Using a web browser on a PC, I could not re-establish the connection to the NAS using the exact same mapping as had worked previously (and I know the mapping was correct because it was how the other instance of Volumio was set up). But interestingly, when I used the Volumio app on my Android phone to re-establish the connection, it worked. Having said that, the app offered a mapping option that a web browser on a PC did not: to connect via the working Volumio instance’s uPnP service. Since then, this “problem” instance has failed again, making me think I have a faulty SD card.

Update: reinstalled Volumio on a new SD card. Cannot persuade this new Volumio instance to add my NAS as a source … here’s the response I get:

info: Error mounting [My local NAS] on IP 192.168.xx.yy : exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto ‘192.168.xx.yy:/mnt/share/nfs/music’ ‘/mnt/NAS/[My local NAS]’
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.xx.yy:/mnt/share/nfs/music

SOLVED (for me):
My router assigned an IP address to my new instance of Volumio which was different from the previous IP address. This is why “access denied by server” occurred when I tried adding a new share. The solution was to manually assign an IP address, to the new Volumio instance, which was already known to my NAS server. To find out which IP addresses were already known to the NAS server, I used the command sudo showmount -e on the server (it’s a Linux device).

Same for me. Thanks!