ReplayGain support in the GUI

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I am a longtime user of Volumio, and I wanted to express my deep appreciation for this amazing software. It has brought so much joy and convenience to my life.

However, I did encounter one issue after upgrading, which I’m hoping someone can help me with. It appears that the ReplayGain option is not available in the GUI, despite many users requesting it for years. While I was able to enable it through editing a file, I have noticed that it turns off after restarting.

I am curious as to why this feature has not been integrated into the GUI yet. I understand that it may not be an easy task, but it would be greatly appreciated by many users.

I do want to clarify that Volume Normalization is not a viable solution for me, as it tends to create unwanted noise at the beginning and end of songs, and ultimately degrades the overall sound quality.

Thank you all for your time, and I look forward to any insights or discussion on this topic.

If you’re passionate about this topic and finding that there isn’t much discussion about it in the Volumio community, you might want to consider trying out the Moode Audio player instead. This fantastic player offers features such as ReplayGain support and static IP - something that some Volumio users may have been looking for as well. Personally, I found that switching to Moode Audio was a game-changer for my Pi music players. It seamlessly worked with all of them and allowed me to achieve my desired results.

Hi I’m using latest version v3.703 and I’ve adapted some information (related to older versions) and I got success playing my library using replaygain info (album gain it’s what I’ve choosed):

You must connect to volumio in SSH and do:

$echo ‘replaygain “album”’ >> /volumio/app/plugins/music_service/mpd/mpd.conf.tmpl
$echo ‘replaygain_preamp “0”’ >> /volumio/app/plugins/music_service/mpd/mpd.conf.tmpl
$echo ‘replaygain_limit “yes”’ >> /volumio/app/plugins/music_service/mpd/mpd.conf.tmpl

After this reboot volumio and voilá. The mpd.conf.tmpl is applied to the mpd.conf and replaygain just works perfectly.

PS - To check if it’s applied after reboot just do:

$cat /etc/mpd.conf

and in the end of the output one must have:

replaygain “album”
replaygain_preamp “0”
replaygain_limit “yes”

Seems to me that this one would be a relatively easy one to implement in future version of volumio (in GUI configuration of volumio)…

Fellow volumio developers, can you check on this? :slight_smile: :pray:

@volumio, any thoughts on this?

BR,
Paulo Nunes

1 Like