Remote control disabling off-button

Hi,

I am using the IR Remote control plugin in conjunction with the Justboom IR RC on Volumio running on a RasPi. However, my housemates use too often the OFF-button to start/stop Volumio witch switches off my RasPi, hence frustration.
So I want to disable this button. Been searching internet and found this can be done in the lirc config. However I can not locate where this config is nor what the right procedure/commands are to change it.
Some help here will be highly appreciate by me and my housemates.

As a second question: how can I change the blue color in a ssh-terminal as it makes reading very hard. Treid to change the .bashrc file in the home folder of volumio-account but that didn’t help at all.

Please post the content of your lircrc file, I expect there is a command like sudo shutdown -h now

Change the color of the ssh terminal, which software are you using? (I guess just the windows cmd?)

if putty:

I have packaged a modified profile for the JustBoom remote without the power off function. You just have to download the attached .zip file, extract it and copy / move the extracted folder “JustBoom IR Remote” and its content to /data/INTERNAL/ir_controller/configurations

“INTERNAL” should be accessible as a samba share e.g. from a PC so you can easily access its subfolders via samba, too. A configuration in “/data/INTERNAL/ir_controller/configurations” gains priority over an identically named profile in the factory profiles folder (“/data/plugins/accessory/ir_controller/configurations”).

If you already have selected “JustBoom IR Remote” as remote temporarily select another remote and click “Save”. Then re-select “JustBoom IR Remote” and click “Save” again.

JustBoom IR Remote.zip (1,1 KB)

Hi,
Thx for all this. So I select an IR-controller different from JB and save and close Plugins. Copy your folder to /data/INTERNAL/ir_controller/configurations (using WinSCP)
I reopen Plugins, and reselect JB IR but get an error in saving setting. Waiting till error disappears , and hitting “save” again, works well now. Hmm!!?? Strange behavio but OK.
Thx again
NB: Later on I renamed the folder to “JustBoom IR Remote-OFF” which makes it popup as a second JB IR but with the adition “-OFF” in the list of known IR controllers. So, doing so makes it more obvious which I am selecting :wink: .

I would like to post my lircrc file but I need to find the location of it. That’s my main problem.

NB: I am using SecureCRT with the terminal setting ‘Linux’ so all colors displayed are driven by the client-settingds and not by SecureCRT settings.

Not sure if it’s needed anymore as the IR Guru already provided a corrected file. Otherwise you just zip it and upload it to this forum.

Yup. gvolt solution seems to work. Thx anyway.