Radio stops after a few seconds

Just built Volumio on a Pi Zero W with Iqaudio Dac

Works fine, but sometime stations will just stop, why would that happen?

E.G.
icy-e-bab-04-cr.sharp-stream.com … icrock.mp3
icy-e-bab-04-cr.sharp-stream.com … eradio.mp3
bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbc … io4fm_mf_p
stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/mp3-192

Volumio version2.141
MPD v0.19.19

Thank you.

Is it possible to post a journalctl -f log of when that occurs? Maybe it’s a connection problem (either host or client).

I could, how do I produce one in the first place?

Thanks.

You can SSH into the Pi and type: sudo journalctl -f
If the problem then occurs please post back the log lines in the SSH session, this will help developers gather intel on the root cause.

volumio@volumio:~$ journalctl -f
No journal files were found.

Is that the right response?
Not what I would have expected.

You forgot the sudo :wink:

Example:

volumio@volumiotest:~$ sudo journalctl -f -- Logs begin at Mon 2017-04-24 15:18:55 UTC. -- Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest systemd[1358]: Starting Basic System. Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest systemd[1358]: Reached target Basic System. Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest systemd[1358]: Starting Default. Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest systemd[1358]: Reached target Default. Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest systemd[1358]: Startup finished in 145ms. Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 1000. Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest sshd[1352]: lastlog_openseek: Couldn't stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory Apr 24 15:29:20 volumiotest sshd[1352]: lastlog_openseek: Couldn't stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory Apr 24 15:29:27 volumiotest sudo[1372]: volumio : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/volumio ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/journalctl -f Apr 24 15:29:27 volumiotest sudo[1372]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by volumio(uid=0)

It will update with each action, so it will probably scroll a lot :wink:

Ahhhhh SUDO!!

And yes, it certainly scrolls a lot.

I’ll keep an eye on it and report back when it next does it.

Thank you.

Did you ever figure out why this was happening? I have the same problem with any of the releases since I started using volume in january of this year. I’m a software engineer who’s worked on embedded Linux systems for about 15 years now, so I’m very adept at reading logs. I cannot see anything in the volumio log or the mpd log that indicates what’s really happening when the stream stops. This is unbelievably frustrating, because once it happens, the only thing you can do is stop and restart the stream (at which point, it plays fine again until it stops). It seems like it should be a very basic thing to at least make the software resilient enough to automatically restart itself when things go haywire.

Probably unrelated, but FWIW I’ll mention again anyway as in other topics, but in the previous version 2.348 WebRadio always dropped out after ~5 minutes. When I restarted it, it would then stream fine. With version 2.362 WebRadio has never dropped out.

I’ve not used Volumio for a while.
I’ll create a new installation and see how it goes.