Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

It works! Thank you.

so not my solution then…
Solved…

1 Like

hello peppy player… do you think you could solve the problem so that peppy runs together with fusion dsp?

This is a question for 2aCD

he seems to have zero interest, he has been asked several times by various people, even by the creator of fusiondsp.

Remember that they are developers who do this on their free time.

As Wheaten informed in the FusionDSP thread

“Not related to priority, but the author @2aCD, is running a big project that takes all of his time. Since that project pays his bills… we need to be patient.”

1 Like

Please make sure you’re up to date, before placing these statements.
It was even mentioned by @2aCD in this topic…

OK, before @2aCD comes back - I made a fix for Sansui 2V, added a skin with reverse indicators + 1 new
1920x1080 FIX.zip (2.0 MB)

3 Likes

the answer from him is almost a year old :slight_smile: , if he could briefly explain what exactly the problem is, maybe others could give it a try to fix it

1 Like

This can only do:
@balbuze , @patrickkfkan or @Wheaten (I think so)
or maybe @peppy.player decide to do?

Hello!
Just to clarify…
The fantastic job done deserves to be available in the store!
There is two main points to be fixed with peppy plugin.

• Some changes are needed to make it conform with volumio plugin requirements.
  • make it work with FusionDsp. And this is complicated because CamillaDsp used in FusionDsp hangs when used with peppyalsa. At this point, I can’t say where the problem omes from. Peppyalsa? Volumio Alsa hook? CamillaDsp? I’m in touch with CamillaDsp author but no idea yet and not a priority for him. Volumio team knows the issue in some cases with FusionDsp and working to fix it. I made a poc plugin on my GitHub in alsa-modular branch. No nice skin in it but when installed, it works for with FusionDsp sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 2 hours… If someone wants to test… : volumio-plugins/plugins/user_interface/peppyMeter at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub
    I really like to see a “true” plugin for peppy!

@balbuze

Indeed it works randomly.

• I was unable to select a “favorite radios” and have sound output. (seems random) The Volumio radio stations did work however.
  • Qobuz/Spotify/NAS files did work, but indeed stops abrupt with errors like below:
  • peppy does only start when hitting the save button in the plugin settings
  • Once started it won’t stop anymore
error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Starting Live Log...
process exited with code nullerror: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket

Hello Gelo5, thank you for sharing, but sansui images are not available in the zip file. Can you check?

Sansui graphics were not improved. Only meters.txt.

ok sorry thanks

1 Like

have a small problem with peppy meter.

i would like to have mixer type set to non when using spotify connect.
if peppy meter is off, spotify works on mixer type non, but as soon as i turn on peppy spotify doesn’t work anymore.
it works in both cases if mixer type is set to software and peppy meter is on.

can this be fixed somehow or am I asking too much?

ps, it worked once but after selecting another mixer it doesn’t work anymore. not even after a factory reset.
I use a philips 1543 nos dac from dion audio.
raspberry pi 4b.

dtoverlay=dionaudio-loco

thanks.

Have you set?

Tried it before the factory reset with that setting and then it didn’t work.
now it works at once :thinking:
must have been something wrong with the previous system.

Good thing you pointed it out to me, problem solved.

thanks.

cheered too early, meters don’t move, spotify works.
in this setting it matches what it says.

when I change the mixer from non to software I get this error.

mixer type non

volumio@volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac:~$ systemctl status volspotconnect.service
● volspotconnect.service - Volspotconnect2 Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/volspotconnect.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2022-12-23 17:17:56 UTC; 44ms ago
 Main PID: 3271 (bash)
    Tasks: 2 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/volspotconnect.service
           ├─3271 /bin/bash /usr/lib/startconnect.sh
           └─3273 ./usr/bin/vollibrespot -c /tmp/volspotify.toml -

Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: Started Volspotconnect2 Daemon.
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac volumio[3271]: vollibrespot v0.2.5 8922128 2022-05-31 (librespot 08d8bcc 2020-10-07) -- Built On 2022-05-31
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac volumio[3271]: Reading Config from "/tmp/volspotify.toml"
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac volumio[3271]: [Vollibrespot] : Using Alsa backend with device: volumio

mixer on software, it only works again with off and on spotify plugin

volumio@volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac:~$ systemctl status volspotconnect.service
● volspotconnect.service - Volspotconnect2 Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/volspotconnect.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since Fri 2022-12-23 17:17:56 UTC; 13s ago
  Process: 3283 ExecStart=/bin/bash /usr/lib/startconnect.sh (code=killed, signal=TERM)
 Main PID: 3283 (code=killed, signal=TERM)

Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac volumio[3283]: Reading Config from "/tmp/volspotify.toml"
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac volumio[3283]: [Vollibrespot] : Using Alsa backend with device: volumio
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac volumio[3283]: [Vollibrespot] : Failed to register IPv6 receiver: Os { code: 19, kind: Uncategorized, message: "No such device" }
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: Stopping Volspotconnect2 Daemon...
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: volspotconnect.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=15/TERM
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: volspotconnect.service: Succeeded.
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: Stopped Volspotconnect2 Daemon.
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: volspotconnect.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: volspotconnect.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'.
Dec 23 17:17:56 volumio-philips-1543-nos-dac systemd[1]: Failed to start Volspotconnect2 Daemon.
1 Like

@Wheaten & Gelo5,
I’ve been tinkering with several templates, even made my own based on existing templates. And I’m starting to understand how everything works. I found a possible reason why list mode doesn’t work.
meters.txt contains chapters between square brackets with the settings to display each specific template. The names of these chapters contain capital characters. However, when you go into the peppymeter plugin, select list, the meters are displayed with only small characters. I’ve made a meters.txt with only two meters, gold and Bar, random works, list doesn’t. Changing Bar to bar in meters.txt, bingo list works.
My Skins v3.zip (447.3 KB)
The zip contains my tinkering with two meters based on gold and MarantzCD. Black.jpg is there because whithout it, the previous meter stays on the screen.
Just one more question, where can I find a list with the parameters in meters.txt? e.g.time.remaining, but is there a parameter for played time, total time of a track?
I have been searching on github:

But nothing there.

Thanks for the excellent work you guys do, I love this plugin to woo my guests when I show them Volumio :blush:
I whish you a very happy New Year and a fantastic 2023 filled with good health and luck.
And to the entire community of course who contributes to Volumio.

2 Likes