Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

Please would you mind reposting these 99 SKINS 1920x1080 to WeTransfer.

Baie Dankie

Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster - #2574 by Gelo5?

All skins will be on @peppy.player Github. (he will post the files if he has time for it)

Thanks! I’m already trying …

THat was me few days ago. look up a few comments and see where I was directed to.

HI, where do you source cases?

Hi,
I have installed both the screensaver and the touch screen using the image supplied above and also the zip file. All worked well.

A notice of an update came through so I disabled the plugins, installed the update and then re-enabled the plugins it all went wrong when the screen saver was enabled. I have re-installed the system…

Any solution out there I can follow.

Image —>Touchdisplay—> Peppymeter

EDIT: I didn’t notice that you were installing the image from post 7, sorry

Hi, unfortunetally the published image with peppymeter dependecies on post 7. don’t support an inplace update to a new Volumio version. An update overwrite complete this custom image and all dependecies are lost.
I pointed this out in the sentence above.

2 Likes

I have published a new version of plugin 1.4.2 here
on post 7
Have fun :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks I will give it a try tomorrow.
Just quickly do I uninstall the screen saver then update the system then re-install the screensaver? Or is it best to start with a raw image , install the touch screen and then install the saver.

Gelo5 : no worries I did try the screensaver zip file before the image but it didn’t work hence going for the image. I do like the OLD screen saver which on my raspberry pi official 7 inchtouch screen works really well.

Works :+1:

1 Like

I downloaded a new image from Volumio. Used Raspberry PI Imager to put in on the card. Rebooted the pi3 and went through the installation. I have a static IP address. Waiting for sd micro to USB to put the home music on. Connected up tidal and radio paradise. Will use BBCSounds via bluetooth until something better comes along. Using filezilla and ssh installed the screensaver. Loaded in Yellowkidney-800 and it all works.

5 days ago was using squeezebox which I had used for about 10 years and really liked. Logitech has stopped support which means I lost Deezer and the BBC radios URL’s needed to keep changing as here to keep up with BBC’s attempt to stop us using streamers. I do prefer the lack of a central server and more modern UI. I haven’t tried the multi-room yet. But will try it later today. It works well with my Prima Luna valve amp but DSD and HiBerry’s DAC +pro doesn’t seem to like DSD unless as usual I am doing something wrong.

I have a dietpi NAS with samba but this is not being picked up by Volumio any thoughts on what I should do. Don’t really want to put an NFS server on but if desperate could so. Currently will use a USB sd micro.

Thanks all for the screensaver and help to install it.

@AndyB, with the Volumio standard Image is an inplace upgrade to a new Volumio version possible, with deactivated Peppy Screensaver. then you dont need a complete reinstall.
Otherwise I have update the custom Volumio image with peppy meter dependecies to current version 3.631 on Post 7

Works just fine!

Thanks!

Is there a link for the 1920x1080? TY

Hi,

Just made a new installation with latest version on my tinkerboard (volumio Primo) Volumio and Peppymeter 1.4.2 as a plugin.

Cannot make it run automatically (5 seconds delay) but, if I manually run from console it works:
volumio@volumio:/data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter$ bash run_peppymeter.sh
pygame 1.9.4.post1
Hello from the pygame community. Contribute - pygame wiki

And voilá, I get the image on my LCD via HDMI.

Any idea why this does not run automatically?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, please try to set the settings for DisplayPort to 1

In the plugin configuration (HDMI1)? If so it was already done.

In peppyscreensaver an option to change the display port is available. This means not the hdmi port. Volumio primo use display=:1

Is what it is in options and in file run_peppymeter.sh

it just seems that it doesn’t start automatically (in my case after 5 seconds) and don’t stop automatically when I stop playing music.