Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Hi,

On 3.601 clean instalation, after install 1.3.0 ver. if I turn on plugin “play” button not work. Only I turn off Peppy “play” button works and Volumio play music. Some ideas ??

Install version 1.3.9

Dzięki,

but if I try to install 1.3.9 l have "No modules found, running “npm install” if I put “y” I have instalation but with some fault. The same was with 1.3.8. After start plugin I have “No Peppy meter config.txt”. Play and change song not working.

EDIT: 1.3.0 works. Need few second after install for working, but 1.3.9 instalation still "No modules found, running “npm install”

1 Like

First of all thanks for this update!

Install went fine but when enabling FusionDSP i cannot play any music, radio etc.
attached log:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/K1z39E9.html

thanks @2aCD for your work.

installed but the same as @eMCZe running “npm install but no faults.

installed version 1.3.9, internet radio is good, peppy works.
peppymeter kicks in, spotify stops after about 10 seconds and no movement vu meters.

volumio system version: 3.601
raspberry pi 3b
driver hifiberry dac +pro
FusionDSP enabled, only resample on.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/NxA7eq1.html

@dvo has similiar problem:

2aCD, simply top class what you do :beers: :trophy:

2 Likes

Thanks 2aCD. I don’t use fusionDSP nor whatever Gelo5 was talking about (yet) but I love tinkering around. So I will do a fresh install and play with it again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Great news.
Installed the plugin (with 5 seconds) and it starts but with a black screen.

LOG:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/6bBk3Ex.html

Thanks

1 Like

but don’t go this way, you will crash volumio :slightly_frowning_face:

Because I crashed Volumio I prepare clean copy of 3.601 on NVMe and install 1.3.9. Still no modules found but installation complette. Time to test.

did a new install (system v3.569) no error running “npm install al good no faults peppy installed.
but still the same problem with spotify.

ALSA configuration: DSD native.
FusionDSP installed internet radio is good, peppy works.
peppymeter kicks in, spotify stops after about 10 seconds and no movement vu meters.

1 Like

Hi all,
please use the ALSA configuration: DSD native
for the first tests. This is the preferred option without influences the standard music pipe.

I have test the plugin only with 3.569. that’s the official version.

Node-modules not included in this download, but all needed modules install npm-install automatically.

1 Like

Ok is Spotify working without fusionDSP and enabled peppymeter with dsdnative ALSA?

On beta version 3.601, the installation was successful (RPi4)

Unfortunately I cannot test it, my dac only works in combination with FusionDSP (ian Canada FifoMa and pcm 1794A dac) without fusionDSP (spotify) there is no sound.

I just tested it (of course no sound)
Disable FusioDSP and then Spotify works and continues and does not stop after 10 seconds.

this is what happens with spotify/FusionDSP enabled and ALSA configuration: DSD native.

Hi,

Just solved it by inserting in run_peppymeter.sh:

export DISPLAY=:1

Before the line that executes volumio_peppymeter.py

It might be that in Volumio Primo the HDMI port is Display 1…

After some hours of listening yesterday with my Volumio Primo and I can say all that I need is working together like a charm (almost):

-FusionDsp (v1.0.52)
-Spotify (4.0.4)
-PeppyMetter Screensaver (1.3.9 beta)

The MINOR issue is (already existed without PeppyMeter is when playing DSD files sometimes they start in “slow tempo”, like half speed, but after two or three restart plays it gets in the right tempo. After that all DSD files play fine until I play PCM files and get back to DSD (it seem like the resampling or something doesn’t get the speed of DSD file sometimes…).

Many, many thanks to @balbuze , @2aCD and @Gelo5 for their great efforts and work put on to this.

BR,
Paulo

1 Like

Hi again!
I changed ALSA configuration to DSD and now it’s up and running on rpi4 and system 3.601

You have done a super duper work with this plugin! Thank you very much for make it working with FusionDSP!

Thank You!