Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

can you please start a putty session and type:

journalctl -f

then play a song and look after your screensaver timout, if you have an error in console.

@2aCD
Can you answer? Just YES or NO is enough

Hi!
I tried to install Peppy_Sreensaver_beta on a fresh new installation of Volumio 3.569 but it failed. I followed the the steps given in post 7. I could see that some config file where missing.
I deleted all files and went back to 1.3.0 and installaton worked just as it should.

@Gelo5
I don’t understand what you mean exactly. I have no access to audio files and tags directly. I can only evaluate title infos provided by Volumio.

OK, I understand the problem. Next questions:

1. Is it possible to add separate colors for: artist, album, title, etc.
  2. is it possible to add a separate “maxwidth” for artist, album, title?
  3. If the text is long (e.g. title), scrolling was from right to left. Now it’s left-right, right-left.
    then after 2-3 scrolls - stop - starting from the left
    TY
2 Likes

Failed to start Music Player Daem ??? After entering this command I get this message. Reinstall Peppy. journalctl -f

1 Like

hi 2aCD…wanted to thank you for all your work; :slight_smile: it’s great that you’ve found some time again :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

what i would like to see is if your plugin could work together with the dsp plugin, that would absolutely be a great extension, and some would be very happy. balbuze had already tried to talk to you about it…i think with both of you together, the problem should be solvable :slight_smile:

best regards

1 Like

@Gelo5
I think the first and second point is possible. The third point I’ll check.

Hi Aiello
I have to see how the dsp plugin works to be able to say whether both plugins can be used at the same time.

1 Like

OK, thank you for the info. Next question: is it possible to add a mask (.fgr) for the entire screen? To cover e.g. cdcover ( photo in a circle, rhombus or square with rounded corners)?

Welcome back! It would be awesome if this could be launched as an official plugin :pray:

BR

2 Likes

Hi …Im new here …
I was looking a spectrum skin for 1480x320.(waveshare 11.9")
I couldnt find that.

1 Like

Hi, this is a thread about Peppymeter. Peppyspectrum has a separate thread: PeppySpectrum - The plugin!
There is no resolution for this yet, but it will be…

Hi Gelo5, step by step, not to fast :wink:
Yes theoretical it is possible to add a new layer with a mask for albumart. You need then a separate png with transparency.
I have note that to my list.

2 Likes

@Aiello
I have check out the problem between peppy screen and fusionDSP and find the reason and solution.
I’ll publish it with the next beta.

4 Likes

Heheh,
This has accumulated due to your absence. I have a few more but… step by step, not to fast
Just one more: Peppymeter + Peppyspectrum (Sorry)

1 Like
  • Abilty to activate Peppy via GPIO, so you can use a button to switch between “Now playing” or Peppy :slight_smile:
1 Like

wowww :slight_smile: Brilliant; many thanks

1 Like

That’s really good news, I´ve been waiting for this for a long time.

Thanks for all your work with this plugin!

Don’t forget to thank for @peppy.player. It is his work that is used for the plugin! Without Peppymeter, peppy alsa… there would be no peppyscreen saver.

2 Likes