Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

working fine with latest volumio image and latest Spotify connect plus peppymeter needles are moving when play from Spotify?

both work well here.

1 Like

I just installed Peppy Meter on my other streamer (no new volumio installation) it also works well, Spotify Connect as well as the Spotify Volumio app.

raspberry 3b.
ian canada isolator II and FifoMA 1.5
Philips 1543 NOS DAC in master mode.
7,9 inch waveshare: wide (2 channels 1280x400) including custom wide folder.

Now it works, i install it again. Thank you, im verry happy.

Any news on not beeing needing to edit system files in x86, Tinkerboard (and Volumio Primo - original at least) to be able to run this plugin??

Doing so breaks updates and so on…

For the x86, it doesn’t break any updates…

1 Like

Thanks, I had the idea that it did :slight_smile:

Anyway I use mainly my Volumio Primo :wink:

unable to comment on the Primo, don’t have one.

Dear Gelo5 and everyone!
This is my first post here, although I’ve been reading for a few days. First of all, I’m making my streamer myself, with a 10.1" 1280x800 waweshare HDMI display. I already have a couple of 1280x800 themes. The ones I like best, unfortunately, I can’t find them in the 1280x800 version. I’ll show you with a picture attachment which themes I want to find in the 1280x800 version. Can you help me? in this? The VU-meter located 2 ways back reminds me of my childhood 40 years ago :slight_smile:
This themes i want 1280x800:

Another question: Peppymeter (at least under Volumio3) produces 2 errors for me. One error: it freezes after a while, stuck there on the screen, time display 0:00 yes, the pointers are moving. The other error: the time display does not follow the time of the track, and if I jump in the track, it goes crazy from then on, showing the completely wrong time. Is there a solution to this? Thank you, I’m glad to be here, all the best to everyone. Zoltán, Hungary

1 Like

It’s based on the tinkerboard :wink:

I know :wink:

Hello!
I would like to ask how normal is it that the current Peppymeter tends to freeze? When Volumio3 is cold booted, the cover transfer works and the time display is correct. After a few music changes, either the small cover, or the time display, or perhaps everything freezes at once. Is it possible to do something about this, or do we have to accept this for the time being?

One more observation: when starting the very first track, there is a black image for a few seconds before one of the peppy themes comes in. Anyway, I put about 40 themes on the Pi4, I don’t know, is there such a thing as too many themes?
Thanks again for Gelo5’s help with the 1280x800 issue. You are wizards!

1 Like

New note for Peppymeter freezing. (I don’t know if this can be helped). The time display definitely goes crazy, and the whole theme gets stuck permanently, from cover to cover, when I start a song from a NAS folder that has a .cue file…in this case, Volumio doesn’t even display its format on the main screen, but only a 0 digit . However, if the Peppy theme freezes like this, there is nothing I can do to get it out of this state. Only by restarting Volumio3. (this remains on the HDMI display until the end, it does not switch back to the Manifest window. The pointer moves.)
Gelo5: Big Thank You :slight_smile: your work

There’s something wrong with your settings. I don’t know what, but even the skin is displayed incorrectly

Seems he did something to the meters.txt as the right arrow is too much to the left.

please share logs right after this happens, so we have something to go by.

1 Like

change to:
Add to meters.zip (690 Bytes)

1 Like

I will try. Although I’m still pretty lame for it all. I’m also glad I was able to install things. For sure, certain e.g. FLAC files with a .cue file also confuse Volumio a bit… sometimes a number 0 is written in the signature file instead of the text “FLAC 44.1 Khz 16 bit”. That’s what music is about. But after one of these, Peppymeter’s display gets stuck, it doesn’t even switch back to Manifest ui.

1 Like

More than perfect, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, happy music and weekend!

Is the creator of the Peppymeter plugin present on this forum? I would like to tell him that 1: his work is wonderful, very attractive, 2: could you somehow fix the error when the display freezes after listening to a few songs? (red 00:00 track time and the cover image freezes, the pointers move and it does not switch back to the Volumio Ui screen afterwards).

By the way, is there any other kind of screensaver plugin for Volumio that is spectacular?

Regards, Zoltan from Hungary

1 Like