Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

1. Download the Raspberry Pi imager
  2. In OS, select: Media -Volumio
    3.Install Volumio on the SD card, after installation, insert it into the raspberry and turn it on
  3. You are connecting to the volumioxxxx wifi network
  4. A page opens where you configure your volume
  5. After creating an account on Volumio and logging in, install the touch screen plug-in and enable it in the settings
  6. Enable the SSH protocol in volumeio (enter the ip/dev number in the browser)
  7. Turn on the wired network in Volumio and set a static IP address
  8. download peppymeter, putty and filezilla plugins
  9. connect via filezilla to volumio by entering the following into the server: sftp://xxx.local ; user volumio ; password: volumio
  10. copy the unpacked peppymeter folder to the location: home/volumio/peppy_screensaver
  11. turn on putty, connect to volumio by entering the static IP address, the console opens, login:volumio; password: volumio
    13.in the console, enter: cd /home/volumio/peppy_screensaver
    and then volumio plugin install
  12. after successful installation to the location data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_1920x480; you copy the skins for your display via filezilla (just don’t delete anything)
    I recommend watching the video: https://youtu.be/nlPyn8Gw7yk?si=lfjepw8T1Vv8lsLm
    I hope I helped and it will work
1 Like

Thank you so much for replying @Darknes
I tried this video already but will try it again along with your instructions. The issue is I get no output on my screen. It is on and just black. Hopefully the 20th try is the charm. Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

Also, quick question but peppymeter is the only actual plugin yes? The other two are PC programs correct? IF not I need to know how to get them.

1 Like

If you mean that the plug-in works but the indicators do not move, I think it may be a matter of audio output settings
I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question

2 Likes

It is ok, I probably did not explain myself very well. I installed everything but have no output to the screen, only black. I will try everything again and post back. :+1:

Install the Touch Display plug-in.

1 Like

if you have problems with playback (meters do not move) khadas tone 1 then set mixer type to software.

1 Like

Hello…

What do you mean by that ?

I haven’t come up with the idea of switching to software yet… worth a try if I run into the problem again. :+1:

I have set the mixer to software and reboot the raspberry, the dac works but the peppymeter dont start. must i install the plugin with the dac?

I also have a khadas tone 1 and it only works if the mixer type is set to software or non.
do you have the timeout in the touchscreen plug-in higher than the timeout in peppy meter?

and set no screen saver while playing.
mixer type is under settings/playback options/Volume options/mixer type.

1 Like

HI

I re set up Peppymeter but it is not displayed . Can you confirm the setting is ok and remember me on what screen it is displayed The main or on the nowplaying ?

is alas configuration correct ?

sorry for such basic question

It’s only displayed on a local screen attached to the RPI

that’s ok, only on the nowplay window?

@balbuze anyidea why the vumeter is not display on my tactil screen ?

1 Like

Questions:

• Please provide a link to your “Tactil screen”?
  • Plugin Touch display is installed and working properly?
  • Please show your complete PeppyMeter Configuration
  • What changes have you done as it was working before, referring to your topic “Too long to start, vu meter doe not reflect the volume level”

hi
the tactil screen is the 7" of raspberry
yes all features work fine

I do not know what changes

1 Like

Alsa configuration: DSD native
DSD playback mode: DSD dorect

What plugins do you have installed?

• FusionDSP… won’t work together with Peppy

Yep this is the reason ! damn, pepy meter not compliant to dsp fusion!

could it be fixed ?

Either fusion or peppy

is it something that if not fixe able ?