Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Where are you copying??? Enter the location

And the files Part1-5? 1-40 skins

I have copied to /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_4 (1920x1080)

If you copied all files ( part1-part5 + part1,part2,part3) and meters.txt for all skins (NOT from part3) -everything should work

1920x720_TEST.zip (158.3 KB)
1920x720_TEST2.zip (1.5 MB)
1920x720_TEST3.zip (999.8 KB)
1920x720_TEST4.zip (1.1 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks,now it works. Thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

Hi Gelo,

Can you place them on:

OK, if @Darknes confirms it works.
Order, Mr. General Administrator :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hehe,

just trying to keep it organized, with all those templates of yours :wink:

Hello
I’m sorry that I’m replying so late, but I haven’t had much time lately
Thank you Gelo5, your skins work perfectly :slight_smile:
I have another question, if I create one meters file for all earwigs, will it work?

1 Like

The question is not relevant :slight_smile: I packed everything into one meters file and it works very nicely. Once I manage all the projects at work, I will try to make my own skins because I see that it is quite an interesting topic :slight_smile: thank you very much for your help

1 Like

If I may ask, Gelo5, what graphics program do you use to edit skins?

1 Like

Photoshop

hehe, @Gelo5 has the big bucks, all I have is ‘paint (dot) net’ :thinking:

Hehehe, don’t be so modest :loudspeaker:

Hello again gentlemen :slight_smile:
If I might beg the favor to ask someone to explain like I am 5 years old, how exactly are the steps to install this and have it work?
I have a waveshare 11.9 inch HDMI display and either Pi 3 or 4 (whichever will be best, I have both)
as well as a variety of DAC HATS.
I tried very hard to follow what I could understand in this thread but my comprehension seems to not be so good as I can not get anything on the screen no matter what I do.
So if anyone could list a step by step of what I should do to install, I would be deeply grateful.
I understand this is asking a lot and apologize in advance.
I have been trying so hard and nothing I am doing seems to be correct.

ANyhow, thank you in advance and if this is not something that can be done, I completely understand.

Hallo, peppymeter work good now i Connect a DAC Board via usb to the raspberry and peppymeter stop working. The DAC is a Kadash tone one.
Which Parameter are wrong

1. Download the Raspberry Pi imager
  2. In OS, select: Media -Volumio
    3.Install Volumio on the SD card, after installation, insert it into the raspberry and turn it on
  3. You are connecting to the volumioxxxx wifi network
  4. A page opens where you configure your volume
  5. After creating an account on Volumio and logging in, install the touch screen plug-in and enable it in the settings
  6. Enable the SSH protocol in volumeio (enter the ip/dev number in the browser)
  7. Turn on the wired network in Volumio and set a static IP address
  8. download peppymeter, putty and filezilla plugins
  9. connect via filezilla to volumio by entering the following into the server: sftp://xxx.local ; user volumio ; password: volumio
  10. copy the unpacked peppymeter folder to the location: home/volumio/peppy_screensaver
  11. turn on putty, connect to volumio by entering the static IP address, the console opens, login:volumio; password: volumio
    13.in the console, enter: cd /home/volumio/peppy_screensaver
    and then volumio plugin install
  12. after successful installation to the location data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_1920x480; you copy the skins for your display via filezilla (just don’t delete anything)
    I recommend watching the video: https://youtu.be/nlPyn8Gw7yk?si=lfjepw8T1Vv8lsLm
    I hope I helped and it will work
1 Like

Thank you so much for replying @Darknes
I tried this video already but will try it again along with your instructions. The issue is I get no output on my screen. It is on and just black. Hopefully the 20th try is the charm. Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

Also, quick question but peppymeter is the only actual plugin yes? The other two are PC programs correct? IF not I need to know how to get them.

1 Like

If you mean that the plug-in works but the indicators do not move, I think it may be a matter of audio output settings
I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question

2 Likes

It is ok, I probably did not explain myself very well. I installed everything but have no output to the screen, only black. I will try everything again and post back. :+1: