Problema di collegamento di Primo con DAC esterno tramite SPDIF coassiale

Hi, I have a Volumio Primo (version 1) and I have a problem using the device as a transport unit, i.e. connected to my CD player which also acts as an external DAC. It is a Yamaha CD-S3000 which features an ESS ES9018 chip and is compatible with files up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution.

I made the connection via SPDIF coaxial cable, but the sound comes out “stuttering”, with continuous small interruptions.

The problem occurs with all file types, but increases with those that have a higher resolution.

By activating audio resampling on the Primo and converting the stream to the lowest possible frequency, i.e. 44 Khz, the problem is greatly reduced, but even so some stuttering still occurs.
This happens both with files stored on hard drives and with streaming apps.

I hypothesize that the problem could be caused by the Volumio clock, is this possible?
Or could it be a compatibility problem between the two devices??

The Yamaha also has an asynchronous USB input, but I cannot use it with the Primo as to work the Yamaha Steinberg ASIO USB Driver must be installed on the source.
Is there any possibility to get around this obstacle via a plugin?

A thousand thanks

Edited by moderator, using google translate

That would not be necessary with Linux (Volumio’s OS), which only has one single driver for USB Audio.
All Volumio-attached USB audio devices are handled by that single driver.
In case the DAC does not work in your case, please supply a log this way.

• Boot with DAC not connected
  • insert DAC cable
  • select the output device (Playback options)
  • play a track

Then submit a log and submit the result of

lsusb -t

How to submit a log and post the URL here

Ci provo. Ti ringrazio delle indicazioni.

[Google-translate]
I’ll try. Thank you for the directions

in case you persist not to use english, then replies may be limited…
Try using Google Translate so I don’t have to correct your posts :wink: