[PLUGIN] YouTube Cast Receiver

Not sure if this is working still… Have installed v1.0.4 beta, several reboots.
Is there a chance that chrome browser plugins would be mucking it up?
Have sent a log file.

Edit: Actually it could have been just that particular video that it didn’t like. Seems a bit sensitive perhaps if they are high res or something (?).

Cheers,

So what is the link to this particular video that is causing problems?

https://www.youtube.com/live/riumIqfnh4I?feature=share

Would be interesting to know if it works for you. The new plugin is good in general though I think.
Cheers

I am able to play the link.

Having said that, I think it was a live stream when you played it. Live streams are handled differently by the plugin and tend to take longer to load. In my case, when trying to play a live stream from the same channel (Hospital Records), it took around 15 seconds before playback actually started. Most of the time was spent by MPD (the underlying player) fetching multiple segments of the stream prior to playback.

Thanks for checking. I guess it treats them differently even after they have been uploaded/finished as I wasn’t listening live per se. There was silence at the start so think it was skipping to the next track using the other YouTube2 plugin. All good!

Hi @patrickkfkan, I am having issues with the plugin. I manage to install and it does connect but nothing plays. I have tried a fresh install and also installing both stable and beta versions.

Here’s the log:

info: [yt-cast-receiver] (YouTube) Sender connected: xxxxxx (user: xxxxxx)
(node:1933) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: AssertionError [ERR_ASSERTION]: The expression evaluated to a falsy value:
  assert.ok(this.idling)
    at MPDClient.sendCommand (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/mpd2/lib/index.js:61:12)
    at Object.get (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/mpd-api/lib/api/index.js:60:16)
    at MPDPlayer.doGetPosition (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/dist/lib/MPDPlayer.js:208:100)
    at MPDPlayer.getPosition (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/Player.js:252:21)
    at MPDPlayer.getState (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/Player.js:301:34)
    at YouTubeApp._YouTubeApp_handleSenderConnected (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/app/YouTubeApp.js:492:89)
    at async YouTubeApp._YouTubeApp_handleIncomingMessage (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/app/YouTubeApp.js:356:46)
    at async YouTubeApp._YouTubeApp_handleIncomingMessage (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/app/YouTubeApp.js:293:13)
(node:1933) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 34)
info: [yt-cast-receiver] Player.play(): wTR-ScwmOXI @ 0s
(node:1933) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: AssertionError [ERR_ASSERTION]: The expression evaluated to a falsy value:
  assert.ok(this.idling)
    at MPDClient.sendCommand (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/mpd2/lib/index.js:61:12)
    at Object.get (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/mpd-api/lib/api/index.js:60:16)
    at MPDPlayer.doGetPosition (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/dist/lib/MPDPlayer.js:208:100)
    at MPDPlayer.getPosition (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/Player.js:252:21)
    at MPDPlayer.getState (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/Player.js:301:34)
    at MPDPlayer._Player_setStatusAndEmit (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/Player.js:333:84)
    at MPDPlayer.play (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/Player.js:61:94)
    at YouTubeApp._YouTubeApp_handleIncomingMessage (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/app/YouTubeApp.js:403:81)
    at runMicrotasks ()
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async YouTubeApp._YouTubeApp_handleIncomingMessage (/data/plugins/music_service/ytcr/node_modules/yt-cast-receiver/dist/cjs/lib/app/YouTubeApp.js:293:13)
(node:1933) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 36)
[Vollibrespot] : dropping truncated packet from 192.168.0.102:5353
[Vollibrespot] : dropping truncated packet from 192.168.0.102:5353

Thanks a lot!!

Try disabling all other plugins, then restart Volumio. See if plugin works after that.

1 Like

Dear people,

Two audio friends of me attended me at a problem with the youtube cast plugin. Trying it by myself, i am also in trouble. We run volumio 3 updated all on a rpi 4. The app connects as usual, but when press on play, the buffering takes a lot of time. En than it looks likes youtube turns crazy. The screen will refresh and there is now music.

The things Ive done:

1. Plugin is up to date
  2. Restart de rpi4 next de update of plugin
  3. Update my pc en chrome browser
  4. Trying all different beta and stable versions op plugin.

Who can help me?

Logs?

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/BO5mFls.html

Did you get this also with latest Volumio stable v3.512 , instead of beta v3.538?

yes also in the stable version

Also give me the logs from running the latest version of the plugin (v1.0.4), instead of pre-1.0…

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/auk643a.html plugin start niet

• Uninstall current version.
  • Enable Plugins Test Mode in http://<volumio address>/dev
  • Find the YouTube Cast Receiver plugin in the plugin store. Click the Details button under it and choose latest beta version to install.
  • Restart Volumio.

ive done it, but still not working

The first set of logs, which relates to an old version of the plugin, shows many getaddrinfo EBUSY www.youtube.com errors which point to an underlying network issue resulting in failure to resolve www.youtube.com. This could be caused by many thing such as an OS error, a local network issue, or your ISP blocking you out.

The second set of logs shows the new version of the plugin failing to start because you didn’t restart Volumio.

Both logs show you are running a beta version of Volumio.

The new plugin version might or might not have produced the same errors, and the beta Volumio version might or might not have a play in this, but I wouldn’t know for sure because I don’t have the logs to compare. So this is all I can say. Hope you find this information useful.

it seems to be a problem at the side of youtube. Does it work at your volumio propperly?

Yes.

1 Like

strange that all my music friends have the same issue with the youtube cast plugin, yesterday everything works fine. i have change nothing, and at this morning, a friend text me: do you have also a problem? I dont think so I answer, but i will try. And also the same issue as him.