[PLUGIN] YouTube Cast Receiver

meanwhile I have installed the yutube2 plugin and works perfectly as I expected.
be able to search and having the list of video is fine.

yutube casr receiver will be testted later this week. I let you know.

Thanks a lot for your support.

if you have still questions about it just post it and we will take a look at it :slight_smile:

you must click on “details”, and then install the beta 1.0.4

Yes darmur, I forgot to go to detail to select the version I want ! By defaut it takes the first one , i assume.
I am not completly volumio fluent :slight_smile:
But more I use it, More I love It. Really good job done !!!

maybe a idea to remove the old broken ones and move 1.04 as default?
and it would be nice if it would be done for all those that are rebuild by patrick…

@patrickkfkan can you say witch ones are broken and should be removed and what can stay.

HI

Using yutube2 plugin, can you confirm that both pluggins do not display the video but only the first image as cover?
It would have been fantastic the video on youtube be also displayed on the tactil screen! May be a next release :slight_smile: ?

Gvida, a audio player like volumio only play’s the audio from the video.

It was what I tough .
The rate from youtube is 160 kbps. The same recording played via my race connected to the TV via toslink looks provide a better sound.

Is there a limitation somewhere by the pluggin ?

For the YouTube2 plugin there is another thread, where you probably can find more information.

is the bitrate is set by google aka youtube,maybe youtube premium has a higher bitrate
and no it’s not a limit from the plugin it’s what they give is what you get…

Mine doesn’t work most of the time either, from android phone or the PC. Running the latest volumio. No test modes, no plug-in test modes.

Needs to be simplified all this, too many versions, test modes this and that.
I’d recommmend just using the old YouTube2 plugin which at least works - just copy and paste the youtube video or search in the volumio player.

ps. Didn’t have any luck with YouTube Music Plugin (onely worked with a certain older test version or something).

Could you also make plugin for debian/raspbian to install without volumio, only packages linux? Or how install this plugin in debian linux

In present this works for anyone? when i cast to volumio I get error failed with status 400. I have tried several vesions of volumio. On details, just one version of the plugin can be instaled (latest) how can I try older versions? any tips? thx

Fixed in v1.0.6 (beta)

1 Like

@balbuze could you please promote v1.0.6 as stable and release it for all the variants?

done!

2 Likes

Hey,

I’m trying to use this plugin on my MiniDSP SHD.

The plugin list displays the correct version (1.0.6) but after clicking on details it only shows install for version 1.0.4 and installing with the button on the main list also installs the old (1.0.4) version which of course does not work.

Image from MiniDSP SHD Volumio UI

1. Am I missing something on my end.
    OR
  2. Is this something that needs to be fixed on volumio’s end.
    OR
  3. Should I go and bug MiniDSP support to fix it or give me login info for the ssh access to my device for manual install (because of course they changed the default login).

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers,
Marcell

PS.: I have the same issue with YTMusic plugin displayed version: 1.0.2 vs install version: 0.2.2

I just released as stable these plugins. Please retry :wink:

Wow, thanks that was quick :slight_smile:
It shows up, installs and works correctly.
Was it done just now or was my device finicky and not detecting correctly for some reason even when I factory reset the volumio install?

Cheers,
Marcell

it was done right after your post