[PLUGIN] Touch Display

Version 3.3.5 of the plugin is available from Volumio’s plugin store (“Plugins Management” → “Search Plugins” → “System Hardware”).

What do you mean when you say “I am uploading two versions”? You don’t have to upload but download the plugin using the plugin store.

Further questions: Why two versions? …and what versions are these? …and what happens/what do you do with these two versions after “uploading”?

Could you please go to the configuration page of the plugin, take a picture of the visible options and post it here?

Is this the display you have? Or dou you have the version using the DSI interface?

https://www.waveshare.com/product/raspberry-pi/displays/lcd-oled/7.9inch-hdmi-lcd.htm I have such a display. I can’t find the plugin responsible for the screen in volumio options? I have downloaded the PeppyMeter plugin but nothing shows up. That’s why I wanted to add a screen plug, because maybe Peppy doesn’t work without it? The question is whether PeppyMeter should work without a screen plug? Should it work, no matter what source (radio, files, YouTube) I play music from? I mean the screen plug in ZIP format latest full version. Basically I have two screens, both HDMI. One to be built into my player project, the other 1024x600 now hooked up to the Volumio. Volumio put on MiniPc.Interestingly, the widescreen display, although the inverted image on the raspberry displays the image via HDMI, while the mini PC connected to it blinks and nothing more, even when I connect an additional power supply.

@gvolt already tried to help @TomSy via facebook and since I couldn’t figure out what exactly went wrong with installing the touchcreen plugin.
I also explained it, first get the touchscreen plugin working and only then continue with peppymeter.

why he can’t update to version 3.3.5 is a mystery to me also he talks about uploading :thinking:

here he is talking about plugin zip format…so i think he manually installed the touchcreen plugin but i explained to him that the touchscreen plugin has to be installed from the plugin store and i think something goes wrong there.

1 Like

Hi. I don’t really understand - from the plug-in store. So I have to manually not upload plugins through the filezila program and then PuTTY? Now I connected the widescreen before starting Volumio and it loads with the installation screen view, but when the installation is finished, only the stripes appear on the screen, which then dim. If I could just flip the screen, I wouldn’t have to return it and abandon the project. On a clean uploaded system, I do not have any screen plug!

only peppy meter needs to be done manually via filezilla and then install via ssh/cmd.

as @gvolt pointed out Version 3.3.5 of the plugin is available from Volumio’s plugin store (“Plugins Management” → “Search Plugins” → “System Hardware”).

@gvolt pointed out Version 3.3.5 of the plugin is available from Volumio’s plugin store (“Plugins Management” → “Search Plugins” → “System Hardware”). I don’t understand that - sorry. Should I download it from the Volumio item in the last “shop” tab?

when you connect to your raspberry pi via a browser and in the volumio interface click on plugins then on system hardware and scroll all the way down you will find the touchcreen plugin and there you can install or update.

1 Like

I just don’t have a bookmark there. I’ll throw in a screenshot in a moment. I am uploading the image of volumio by Rufus.

no no, all you need to do is download a volumio image and burn it to a micro sd card and insert it into the raspberry pi with connected internet cable, then wait 5 minutes, then find out the raspberry pi ip address (fing) open a browser and type that ip address after which you are connected.

otherwise, check out the quick start guide first.

I was uploading an earlier version of Volumio 233 and the same. I am installing Volumio, going through the configuration pages. Logging into my premium account and still no plugins in Hardware?

ok, where did you get that volumio software image and how did you put it on the micro sd card.

I think the wisest thing to do is to start from scratch and then follow the quick start guide, there you can also download the latest volumio image and etcher.

Image downloaded from the official website according to the guide. Burned out with the RUFUS program. I put the system from 0 and it’s still the same !?

Please install a recent version (v3.324 today) : Get Started | Volumio
I don’t know what is volumio 233…
Something is very bad in your system…

Ver 3.233

please update

1 Like

I already told him one, apparently he didn’t.

I was recording the Volumio image on two different computers. I recorded RUFUS first, now BalenaEtchern according to the tutorial. Still no plug in HARDWARE. I upload it to a blank USB drive and only it is connected to the MiniPC. Ver 3.324

have you already updated the system?
setting/system/check updates.

It says the latest version is installed. And I’m installing 3.324. I can’t understand what could be wrong. Everything is done according to the guide. So I asked for a zip screen plug, otherwise I can’t install it.