[PLUGIN] Touch Display

This does not apply to your system. The touch display plugin can therefore be installed.

Unfortunately the error message is incomplete, but my guess is a network issue is the reason for a failing download of a required package during the plugin’s installation process. Changing the repository mirror as described here may help.

The actual settings are:

max_framebuffer_height=1920
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_timings=320 0 100 32 230 1480 0 10 10 10 0 0 0 60 0 59400000

dislpay_lcd_rotate=3
display_hdmi_rotate=3

1 Like

I got the same error while installing 3.4.0 or 3.5.0,
I tried change some mirror repository site but still got the same result. It used to be normal before.

Running apt-get -y install failed
Progress: 70

What is your Pi model?

The “running apt-get -y install failed” happened to me a few times too. Running “sudo dpkg reconfigure -a” will clear this error and allow you to reattempt installing - which will go better the next time as it has less to do.

if sudo dpkg reconfigure -a fixes the error, I expect it’s running on a rPi4 with date issues. Please look at:

Hi @gvolt

I use RPi 5 8gb, Volumio 3.631.

After update to Volumio to 3,736, install Touch Display 3.5.0 works.

I think maybe its due to my Volumio version too old. But it works on install Touch Display 3.4.0 when I use Volumio 3.631.

Edit : I reflash Volumio 3.631 and install Touch Display 3.5.0, and it works.

I use 3.631 because it support cue + large flac, it’s a pity that newer version don’t support it.

Hi I just got Rpi5 and have connected Waveshare screen to HDMI 1 on the latest Volumio image and the picture is fine.
But I have problem with no sound coming out from HDMI port.
So my question is Is it not possible to use HDMI for sound output when I have this screen connected, or do I have to have DAC?

Apart from the fact that this thread is about DSI (and not HDMI) displays: Nobody can answer your question since you didn’t tell what HDMI display you are using…

Did you check if the Pi 5’s HDMI audio out works with other devices?

I would also suggest to try another HDMI cable of good quality to rule out a faulty cable.

Hi there, I’m trying to get the touchscreen for my RPI 4 up and running. I was able to install the Touch Display plugin, but it says “Inactive.” I’ve retried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, etc.

Now when I try again, it keeps running into an error even installing it

Hit:3 Index of /debian buster InRelease
Reading package lists…
Running apt-get -y install failed
Plugin failed to install!
Cleaning up…
Remnvino renenrenrias

I’ve tried older versions of Touch Display. Only 3.3.6 works, but there’s no option to rotate the screen 180

Check if your Pi 4 has date time issues:

If that’s not the case try changing the repository mirror as described here.

Sorry for my mistake I have DSI screen but I am trying to get audio from the HDMI port of the Pi.

When you connect DSI to the Pi you either use port 1 or 0
I connect the screen to port 1

Here is my aplay:

volumio@volumio:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I use waveshare amoled 5.5 screen, connect to HDMI-0 ( near PSU ), I can use HDMI-1 as audio output.

The key point is, during the first install of volumio, choose HDMI-1 ( instead of HDMI-0 ) as audio output.

Ok thanks

Just to make it clear, you have Rpi5 and DSI display that does not have HDMI connector?

I use HDMI display and RPi5.
BTW, make sure you have add

hdmi_drive=2

in /boot/userconfig.txt

Also if you use dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
You have to use HDMI-0 instead of HDMI-1 for audio output. ( my experience, or anyone can teach me how to, thank you ).

HDMI-0 is the port near the PSU usb type-C port.

1 Like

Hello, I’m struggling to get the display to rotate. I set the plug-in to rotate 180, and reboot, but it never does. I’m using Rpi4 and the official rpi touchscreen.

Everything else works fine. I simply can’t get the screen to rotate.

In your /boot/userconfig.txt file, you should have something like

lcd_rotate=2
display_hdmi_rotate=2

1 Like

I just checked and my userconfig.txt only says:

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

Should I add this to it:

lcd_rotate=2
display_hdmi_rotate=2

?

1 Like

What is your Volumio version?
What is the Touch Display plugin version?