[PLUGIN] SoundCloud

what version of SoundCloud are u using? the 0.1.4 looks oke here.

Hi, Just a note to say that following those instructions, installing the 0.1.4 version and rebooting the pi got it to work nicely.
Thanks

This plugin does not work does not show or search for anything. volumio 3.378

1 Like

It works exactly as described for me. Search works fine. Try uninstalling the plugin, restartinf and then reinstalling.

1 Like

Reinstall plugin, no result donā€™t search plugin donā€™t work

did you type something in the top right search bar?

Yes, of course

i canā€™t test it right now but it always worked without a problem.
my volumio is down right now.

Search on v0.1.4 is working for me. Try

• unistalling plugin
  • power off and on
  • reinstall plugin

Installing the plugin on volumio V2.916 never ends:

root@volumio:/home/volumio/temp/volumio-soundcloud# volumio plugin install

This command will install the plugin on your device

Compressing the plugin
Plugin succesfully compressed
Progress: 10
Downloading plugin at http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/soundcloud.zip

It stays at ā€œDownloadingā€¦ā€ forever. Is there a log with some details to find the problem?

Any reason why youā€™re not on v3?

Volumio 2 is not supported anymoreā€¦
what is the interest of staying in v2?
And donā€™t connect ssh as root but as volumio :wink:

ssh volumio@IP

In the office and at home I do run volumio as a vm on proxmox. Installation didnā€™t go to well and I decided to update through GUI which has updated to V2.916. Both volumioā€™s run well. At the office I installed soundcloud plugin 1.5 years ago - no problems at all. At home I decided just now to install the plugin but it failed.

I guess installation of plugins has changed in volumio as 2.x did work but fails in v2.916.

I understand if support for v2 ended. Maybe someday I try to install v3 as a proxmox vm.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a display issue with search since I upgraded to 3.4. Currently on latest 3.416 and have reinstalled SoundCloud 0.1.4

Does anyone else have this issue? (Searching the music library works fine btw)

are you using manifest? try now playing :wink:

I was using Contemporary. Just switched to Manifest and problem sorted. Huzzah! Thank you

Soundcloud plugin 0.1.4. When I click on the Home page Soundcloud tile, I see many screens with categories and songs that are formatted perfectly. When I search for an artist, though, the Soundcloud search results are quite unreadable. The best way I can describe it is that each resultsā€™ words are all superimposed atop each other. Interestingly, these items are still clickable, so if I can identify the item using the small icon, I can then jump to it. Thinking itā€™s a style sheet issue, I tried this on dissimilar devices (Windows laptop running Chrome, iPhone/volumio app) and the displays were identical. The Soundcloud plugin works nicely, I use it all the time, but not for searches :grinning:. Cheers!

Please switch to the Manifest UI. Go to Volumioā€™s appearance menu to change it.

Simple fix! Screens look great. Thanks.