[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Ok thanks, noticedthe RP update, will have to wait for Lastfmupdate as still not working

Hi @saiyato, now it works, thanks.
I have a question, I am a fan of Spotify Weekly Discovery, use Spotify the Last.fm scrobbling data to enrich it?
regard

I can confirm that it works now with any Radio Paradise version and with the latest lastfm version which until now has to be installed manually (via ssh).

:arrow_right: https://github.com/Saiyato/volumio-lastfm-plugin/blob/master/volumio-lastfm-plugin.zip

Very nice.
Now Iā€™m a new fan of radioparadise.

One question - regardless of which stream I choose I seem to be stuck at a sample rate into my receiver (over SPDIF) of 44.1kHz.
On the FLAC stream I can also see on the volumio UI showing 44.1kHz/16bit.

Is this correct?

Iā€™m new to this whole volumio digital audiophile stuff, so learning as I go.

Thanks

Newbie here with hopefully an easy question. The stream (audio) stops after just a few minutes. It will restart by hitting pause then play again and it picks up the song that was playing where it stopped. The display continues to show the song playing and updates with the next song making the display and audio out of sync.
Hardware is Raspberry Pi 3 B and Hifiberry DAC + Pro. Volumio and the RP plugin were installed last Thursday so Iā€™m assuming I have the latest versions.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into these projects.

Iā€˜m not 100% sure but as far as I know the streams of RP are all offered with 44.1 kHz.

Never heard of this problem. A log file would be helpful to analyse this problem. Are you familiar with SSH?
Please also make sure that you have the latest version. You can update it directly from the browser/GUI. There is a ā€župdateā€œ button if available.

Iā€™m using the 5-22-2018 version.
Iā€™ll post the log.
Problem is very consistent and repeatable

OK, it would be great if you could ssh into your volumio machine, then type sudo journalctl -f and then start the stream afterwards. Copy/Paste the log output here after the stream stopped/interrupted.

I unintentionally found the RP plug-in tonight, installed it, and it runs great on a RPi 3B+.

THANK YOU! :smiley:

I am a regular JRiver user and hadnā€™t heard of RP until a few months back when it was requested to be added. I love RPā€™s format. What a terrific plug-in to add, Volumio just gets better and better!

Marco, shouldnā€™t there be a value after -f? The output reads ā€œwrong scontrol identifierā€

Nope, the command is correct. Which version of Volumio are you using? The latest?

Any word from The last fm plugin developer or Michelangelo as to when the update may be available in the plugins update so we can scrobble RP correctly?

here you go, the first cut and paste is where it stopped and down below is where I restarted it several minutes later, still playing the same track it stopped on

THIS IS WHERE IT STOPPEDā€¦ DELETED LOGā€¦

I remind you that at this address https://marco79cgn.github.io/radio-paradise/ you can tune RP Flac with a browser.
Another great job of Marco.

There are a lot of ā€œvolumio[1255]: Wrong scontrol identifierā€ errors in your log.

Which Volumio Version are you running? Which plugins have you installed? How many items are in your queue? When was the last time you restarted your Pi?

Marco,
Version 2.389
RP is the only plugin
Emptied the queue and restarted, same issues.

Let me see if I can get the ā€œwrong scontrol identifierā€ sorted and Iā€™ll post back here.
Thanks for your assistance

Hi Marco, I did not know where to put this.
It is on your RP Flac website (marco79cgn.github.io/radio-paradise/), I use it on the PC of the workshop and I have to tell you that after some topics are cut, I have to reload the page.
Itā€™s not a big inconvenience, but maybe itā€™s easy to fix it.
a greeting

Hi Daniel, I just updated howlerjs to version 2.0.12 which should fix some bugs. It works best in Chrome and Firefox. Please try again. You can contact me via PM if there are still problems.

I think itā€™s fixed, did a new install, didnā€™t screw with any of the settings. scontrol error is gone and the plugin seems to play without stopping.

Would not the idea of adding a share on social networks the song that is playing?