[Plugin] pirate audio

Hi,

Did you choose “Hifiberry DAC” in Volumio playback configuration ?

br
Josef

Thank you for your response, yes I did and I also set the mixer to software. Should I be making adjustments to the config file? If so., What would they be?

Thanks for your help.

Either the latest Volumio Update has broken something… Or my A button has failed :disappointed:… Any pointers as to how to debug the button presses? (is it logged somewhere?) If it’s a duff button I may have to swap the button actions in the code I guess? (Or buy a replacement board)

I’ve just installed this plugin for the first time on my raspberry pi zero w
It wasn’t playing any audio after initial setup… as pointed out in all instructions, I had the mixer set to software and dac set to “HifiBerry DAC”, reboots… but still… nothing!
Once I turned off “I2S DAC” from the Audio Output options - but still having “Hifiberry DAC” selected, I was able to hear my music.
I am not sure if I had to turn it off from the begining or not.

When it comes to buttons, only “Y” is not working.

System Version: 3.449
Pirate Audio Plugin Version: 0.1.1

1 Like

@evilskater
did you check the plugin settings, there are two options for the Y-Button.

AxLED

Changing the pin to 24 for the Y-Button worked! :wink: thank you!

Hello
Nice plugin!
I thought of adding a custom display line, eg top left to show battery voltage. I use it as a wireless radio speaker and would be nice to show battery usage.

@paet_gmei
i dont think showing battery state is possible. Where should the battery state come from?
AxLED

Thanks
I am thinking of external ADC (Analog-Digital-Converter) to get analog measurments and convert them?
Is it difficult to add an overlay and set its screen position to your code?

@paet_gmei
i will not implement it. If you are fit in python you can change display.py to your needs.
Regards

AxLED

I am also having this issue on a fresh install with a Pi4 4gb. Everything works as expected (even the Y button needing config). Followed all instructions, but I can only get audio out through the built in headphones not the DAC. Any help would be appreciated.

@roachdaniel
@BryPolar
sounds like a setting problem. Possible solution see: https://community.volumio.com/t/plugin-pirate-audio/44336/229

AxLED

Hey @AxLED ,

Thanks for your efforts with this!

I’m having problems getting the screen to work (ie there;s nothing there), and there’s a bit of wierdness in multiroom mode (the pirate audio PI has to be the group leader or it goes to zero volume and stays there - “software” mixer mode gives no playback):

brand new RP Zero W
fresh flash of volumio
sudo apt-get upgrade’d

I’ve got:

DAC Model - HiFiBerry DAC set
Mixer Type - None (as mentioned, software doesn’t work)

Have you got any insights in getting it to work?

Many thanks,

Luke

never do this, it will break Volumio!!!

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be doing another flash then!

yes, Volumio is a custom build OS, running the upgrade command will break things.
However running below is OK.

sudo apt-get update

Cool, another fresh flash (no apt-get upgrade this time), and still got the same issues.

Does anyone have a troubleshoot?

@Luke_Austin

please check your setting on your volumio url (in my case http://volumio.local/plugin/audio_interface-alsa_controller)

I2S DAC: On
DAC Model: HifiBerry DAC
Mixer type: software

hit save an restart your pi.
Info: Since i don’t use a multiroom setup, it could also be that. Try then first to get the pi zero with the pirate audio has as a standalone volumio to run. From there on you can look further.

AxLED

Hi @AxLED

Another fresh flash, all settings as above, and i’ve got no display. Also no playback unless i set mixer mode to “none”.

Any ideas?

I have a similar issue I’m afraid. I have a new Zero WH and a Pirate Audio Line Out DAC, Fresh setup with Volumio. I have installed both the Spotify and the Pirate Audio plugins from Volumio. I can play music from my server, Spotify, web radio. No display and the buttons don’t appear to be doing anything.