[PLUGIN] Now Playing

You still need touch display

Hello
I use now playing and I think it is great. My configuration, rasptouch with touchdisplay and rpi4.
For me everything works fine except for the duration of the songs.
Indeed, when I use spotify connect the total time of the song on the right is updated. However, the scroll on the left is not updated after a few songs. The time is cumulative. See picture.
It’s not serious, but I can’t follow the progress. If I want to put things back correctly, I have to do a refresh.
Thanks in advance
Christian

Does this happen only with Spotify Connect?

During playback, is the Now Playing screen always active? Do you have a screensaver / peppymeter that gets activated at some point during playback?

Also, what version of Now Playing are you on?

For the moment, it is only with spotify connect, that I noticed the problem.
The now playing screen is always active during playback.
I don’t have a screensaver, I have it removed on touchdisplay during playback. No peppymeter installed.
I have the latest version of now playing 0.3.5

I see. When this happens, could you go to http://your volumio address/dev and copy the part under “Player State” for me? You can PM me if you want.

Hello.
Raspberry with volumio as bridge for roon via usb to dac.
When i was played via airplay volumio responded to the file being played and showed data in “now playing”.
When I switched to roon on ALSA to be able to upsampling the dsd, the volumio plays the sound to the dac, but does not respond as if the signal is missing it. Of course, now plaing is also unresponsive.
Any one can help me?
thank you

Paweł

If Volumio UI is unresponsive as well then this probably has nothing to do with the Now Playing plugin.

So I take it that Roon is running on another device and sending an upsampled stream to Volumio? Are you sure Volumio is not resampling it again and maxing out CPU usage so that it becomes unresponsive?

you’re right it’s not the fault of “now plaing” itself. as you write, roon is on a separate pc, volumio takes a signal from roon and releases it to usb for usb. the music plays and doesn’t stutter. but the volumio as if it bypassed this signal because the progress bar or, for example, the title of the author or the song does not work. below I put the signal path from the roon! please help me :slight_smile:

I will add that I have a raspberry pi4 4gb ram.

this is not a Volumio issue, your Roon Bridge bypasses the Volumio UI, works as designed…

OK I understand. is there a way for volumio to somehow intercept this signal for the purpose of connecting the lcd screen and displaying the transmitted content?

1 Like

Yes, there is way to show a Roon Remote Display on a Volumio install (done it as a prototype), but needs an extra/ different screen plugin, then for what purpose? You still can’t have both UI’s at the same time.
Roon Bridge was only created to let you use connected Volumio output devices as a Roon endpoint in a Roon installation, period.
I think this is going very off-topic, the community is about Volumio, not Roon.

I understand. Mainly I just wanted to focus on the volumio that allows you to come out on the screen, but to get the data from the roon. The only way it seems is airplay, but it causes a loss of quality.

I might be stupid, but still don’t get your point. You want Volumio to use Roon? Instead you should ask Roon to create simple arm/x86 clients that act as an endpoint and can also display the Roon remote display :wink:

1 Like

It may be possible with Roon Transport API, to have a plugin that listens to changes in a zone (which should be the same zone as Roon Bridge running on Volumio) and updates Volumio player state with now playing data contained in the zone information.

If I were using Roon, I would be willing to give this a shot. But I am not using Roon nor interested in doing so. Therefore unable to help you here, sorry.

I just realized that with podcasts, I have a similar problem. Indeed, the podcast is stopped and the duration does not stop (left).
See info under player state
{“status”:“play”,“position”:0,“title”:“Le requin blanc en a marre qu’on le traite de méchant !”,“albumart”:“https://cdn.radiofrance.fr/s3/cruiser-production/2021/04/82c5859c-c56e-4994-80d8-5e8a39f772b0/1400x1400_fi_bestioles_generique_3000x3000.jpg",“uri”:“podcast/rfi6vg623h3hln1y/{“title”%3A"Le%20requin%20blanc%20en%20a%20marre%20qu’on%20le%20traite%20de%20méchant%20!”%2C"url"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Frf.proxycast.org%2Fdb34d9d6-f4b8-42d3-849e-cf4164925c9e%2F22046-01.07.2021-ITEMA_22717149-2021F43553E0019-21.mp3"%2C"albumart"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.radiofrance.fr%2Fs3%2Fcruiser-production%2F2021%2F04%2F82c5859c-c56e-4994-80d8-5e8a39f772b0%2F1400x1400_fi_bestioles_generique_3000x3000.jpg"}",“trackType”:“Podcast”,“seek”:1346104,“duration”:549,“samplerate”:"44.1 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“random”:null,“repeat”:true,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:false,“volume”:50,“dbVolume”:null,“disableVolumeControl”:false,“mute”:false,“stream”:“Podcast”,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“podcast”}

1 Like

Do you observe the same behavior in Volumio’s UI?

From the player state you provided, which I assume was when the podcast had stopped, the ‘status’ is still play, and the ‘seek’ / ‘duration’ are 1346104 milliseconds and 549 seconds respectively. So at this point, you will see Now Playing showing ‘22m 26s’ on the left and ‘9m 9s’ on the right. Because the ‘status’ remains at play, the time shown on the left keeps counting. Is this correct?

The player state is reported by Volumio. The Now Playing plugin does not produce this information. If the player state info is wrong, as it appears here, then you should see the same (mis)behaviour in both Now Playing and Volumio’s UI.

I think that’s exactly what it is about. I understand you’re not interested, but maybe you know someone who could do something like that (even for a fee).

1 Like

Wouldn’t you be better of with Ropieee, which supports the std 7Inch LCD?

here is the information about spotifyconnect

Player State

{“status”:“play”,“title”:“Leila au pays du carrousel”,“artist”:“Anouar Brahem”,“album”:“Le pas du chat noir”,“albumart”:“https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000b273c44dd3972c9bc9ecf728fee0",“uri”:“spotify:track:1O1zGMOJqEzfgTUdNtBhhh”,“trackType”:“spotify”,“seek”:222289,“duration”:397,“samplerate”:"44.1 KHz”,“bitdepth”:“16 bit”,“channels”:2,“consume”:false,“volume”:28,“dbVolume”:null,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:false,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:true,“service”:“volspotconnect2”}

I don’t have the same information between now playing and the volumio web interface. The web interface, everything is correct.