[PLUGIN] Now Playing

v0.1.0-b.3:
Added ‘Border Radius’ setting to album art (but might not have intended effect if Album Art Fit is set to ‘contain’)

E.g. 0.5em:

1 Like

v0.1.3:
More customization settings

480x320px (Show albumart: off; Background: albumart; Max title lines: 2)
192.168.11.171_4004_(320 x 480)

Customized for 144x144px

Added a volume change indicator that appears when you change volume externally (i.e. not through the Now Playing screen):
192.168.11.171_4004_(320 x 480)
Probably useful if your device has a rotary encoder or buttons that controls the volume.

Very good! And add a link to information about the song, artist, album? Will it be very complicated?

I don’t think I can do it at the moment…

What kind of info would you like to see if clicking on a link?

I think of something like Roon has, it shows data on the artist, the theme, lyrics, etc.
It may be simpler as RadioParadise does on its website, when playing a song, it shows you the lyrics of the song and an extract from the artist’s Wikipedia content.

And like (my)Volumio’s metadata discovery? PUBLIC BETA TEST:New Volumio release with metadata discovery

I did not remember about that. Superstar Plan. For poor people? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I can only tell you what I did – spend time learning to code… :wink:
But hey, time isn’t cheap either?

1 Like

As ash pointed out, artist info / credits is available with Superstar subscription. Assuming I can add a similar feature to the plugin, I am not sure if Volumio will be fine with this (and continue to allow the plugin to be published).

As for lyrics - that is a good suggestion. However, most lyric services do not provide an API free of charge. If you can find me a service that allows you to retrieve lyrics without limit (and legally), please let me know and I can consider integrating it into the plugin (or create another plugin for it).

I’m so incredibly happy with this amazing plugin. I spent a couple of hours tinkering with the huge number of options and now my standard 7" display looks fantastic. Thank you so much for the work you put into this. Exactly what I was hoping for.
Simon

That’s what I was thinking … do you have a 7 "standard display connected to the Rasp via HDMI? Can you expand the description of your setup?

I have an idea.

First, to do it properly and legally, you have to use sources which allow you to use metadata, which is usually copyrighted material.
The way we did it was:

• Become a sponsor of musicbrazinz, by donating regularly to the project. This means we are legally allowed to use this IP (and we donate to a very nice project).
  • Set up an own instance of a musicbrainz server (to not overload the main MB server)
  • Set up an API which retrieves metadata.

This feature is available only for MyVolumio Superstar subscribers. But this does not mean it shall be reserved only to Volumio official UI.
We could provide the APIs for metadata also to plugins developers, so they can come up with other brilliant ideas on how to do it.
So if one user has an appropriate account, then the plugin can show the additional metas.

If you guys like the idea, I can document this API

1 Like

It’s the standard Raspberry 7" connected via the ribbon cable. I installed the new Touch display plugin and then the Now playing plugin. Then on the kiosk option, change to ‘Set to now playing’

Yes please :slight_smile:

I’ve already been on @patrickkfkan situation that this was asked, and politely said no because i do not want step on your shoes. And as he pointed out usually this stuff costs some money, which is not really an option when you offer something for completely free of charge.

Looks great on my 50 inch Samsung TV. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Great will do. Now we are 100% focused on Volumio3 release, will do after that.
Please, if I don’t come back at it in december, it would be fantastic if you could remind me :wink:

1 Like

The settings let you adjust the album art but could you give what the default is so that we could adjust from there? Thanks this is really an exciting exciting edition of Volumio!

1 Like

Do you mean the size?

The default is 80% of the window width or height, whichever is smaller.
In CSS, that would be 80vw (for portrait orientation) or 80vh (for landscape orientation)

1 Like

Yes, thank you.

3 Likes

Love Love this! This is what makes Volumio - when it keeps getting better. I played around with the settings just a bit and now have this:

But wish it could display the Qobuz logo, or even FLAC, like it does with other file types.