[PLUGIN] MPD OLED - installation & configuration plugin

Nope.
It installs, but you can’t activate it. Also the settings page won’t load.
Even ran a npm update in the /data/plugins/.... folder, no success

ah, fuck :disappointed_relieved: Any error messages or anything? I would not have expected this to happen :persevere:

it seems only to fail completely on a fresh install. If you upgrade the plugin still partial works. And with partial I mean it comes with stuttering audio output.

Karl, the cava developer, has updated cava to work without a home directory. I have updated the mpd_oled binary package to include this new cava version. I installed the mpd_oled plugin on Volumio 3.449, and it is working for me.

Adrian.

1 Like

It also works for me on Volumio 3.449 after reinstalling the mpd_oled 1.1.1 plugin.
Thanks friends, you are great!

update:
in the test version Volumio 3.512 also works very well

Hi!
Thank you everyone.
The MPD Oled plugin works for me too.
I use a 2.42 oled display.

I tried to install MPD OLED plugin on a Raspberry Pi running Volumio3 v3.512 (the latest stable version), I get this error regarding node version

@supercrab @balbuze @volumio any idea on how to fix it?

Recently in version 3.512 I started getting ALSA errors.
I did a new clean install of Volumio 3.512 and same issue with MPD_OLED plugin installation.

I went back to version 3.449 (new clean install) and everything works fine, the MPD_OLED plugin installs and works without problems.

It’s very strange :disappointed_relieved: I’m not able to do anything about the ALSA errors. :disappointed_relieved:

I think @Wheaten further up the thread had some suggestions on how to fix it. :point_up_2:t4::point_up_2:t4::point_up_2:t4:

Yes, with the suggestions from @Wheaten I managed to manually install the plugin.

It would be nice to update the plugin with the very same changes, because at the moment it’s broken!

I’ve updated the plugin.
I’ve submitted the changes to the plugin store.
I’ve done a pull request for the latest update.

I’d be grateful if someone can test it on a clean install.

1 Like

I will test offcoarse, using my rPi4-8GB

@Wheaten awesome, thanks! :blush:

it works on my side, tested on a Raspberry Pi Zero with Volumio latest beta version 3.522, right after a factory-reset

well done!

1 Like

Tested with a clean install using my rPi4-8GB.
and you have accomplish it :slight_smile: again.

Volumio: V3.522.
MPD_OLED: V1.1.2 Beta

Working, including CAVA
Webradio: OK
Qobuz: OK
Library: OK
Spotify: Not tested as the Spotify plugin itself behaves very problematic

@Wheaten @Darmur Great new! I don’t even have v3.522 to test any of this myself. Thanks :clap:t4::clap:t4:

hello!
I released v1.1.2 as stable :wink:
Let me know of ok for you!

1 Like

I have the same OLED, wanted to load file from NAS and eternal HDD as source but MPD OLED doesn’t have option using IR remote.

Is it not possible from MPD OLED at all?

Thanks

You mix two things…
Mpd_oled is to display info on a little old screen
It remote is to use a remote…
You need both of them if you want display and IR remote!

1 Like