[PLUGIN] Crossfader Switch

Hi Volumio community

I’ve proposed to beta plugin repository a Crossafder Switch Plugin
It will allow you to crossfade between tracks using basic crossfade or mixramp tags crossfade, to serve music at a party or in a smoother way for people who like things smoothly mixed.

This is basic function of MPD/MPC that was not supposed to work with volumio, but in fact it does !!!

I’ve got three sliders to fine tune according to your taste, to be heavily tested by YOU

Prerequisites still need to be tested but this is my starting point

• Software mixer activated
  • Increase buffer to something like 8 or 12 MB
  • Mixed tunes should be at the same bit rate

I have not heavily tested all parameters, and, to be honest, get some random results, your help will be welcome to make it all reliable

TIP1 : everytime MPD is relaunched or player settings modified, you will have to reclick on “save” button to generate the MPC crossfade command. For the moment you are blind, I will later try to modify plugin settings page to reflect MPC crossfade value in real time.

3 Likes

Hi, I performed further tests this week-end and here are my results.

• crossfading work (tested on mp3, flac and ape).
  • but any settings beyond 4 or 5 seconds deserve nothing or break crossfading, I don’t know why but maybe link with the way volumio handle queue in playqueue.js.
  • mixramp analysis is still not a part of MPD (it will in 0.24), you will have to analyse your library yourself to benefit of it using the two sliders (and possibly get better mix results)

Here is the package.zip to manually install the plugin the usual way:
removed by admin request

@volumio,@balbuze, could you have the kindness to push this on beta repo.

Thank you.

New package fixed by balbuze, thx to him
removed by admin request

Hello
I try to release as bets tomorrow if everything is fine.
Please wait to avoid possible issue with manual installation.
TY

packages removed :+1:

Plugin v 1.0.1 is now available in beta repo, please try and report

1 Like

Hi
I will remove this plugin from my personal plugin repo, across my test, the way volumio handle mpd/mpc queue clearly interact with crossfader functionality (at least anything beyond 2s)
This functionality would need to be hardcoded in volumio queue.js but, to be honest, doesn’t look fully wanted by the community… )

I was trying to get this to work but didn’t get it to work for 10 seconds, now I understand why. I am very interested in this functionality.