[PLUGIN] 80s80s & 90s90s radio

Since j am listening quite a lot 80s80s and 90s90s stations maybe in the near future it will be a posibility to reactivate the old plugin. I am missing the :
metadata with cover, artist, title, album
default station cover if no album cover available
Thanks

This is point true for all radios… We are talking about it :wink:

1 Like

That is just… Awesome.
Thanks.

Hello !
When this plugin started crashing Volumio, I made a small modification to solve the problem.
Replace the index.js file in the /data/plugins/music_service/80s80s/ folder of Volumio by this one :
index.zip (4.8 KB)

Hi,
Thanks for this
This is working also on buster version or only on volumio 2.?
Regards

Sorry, I haven’t tested on Debian Buster.
It works for me on Volumio 2.x arm(raspberry pi) and x64(Debian Jessie).

Hello @Lintbf,
I tried to solve the blocking problem which crashes Volumio when the metadata server does not respond, for that I added a ‘fake-data.json’ file to the plugin which allows it to wait 15s to restart a request . Not very elegant but functional: no more crashes.
I failed to correct ‘info: ERROR Prefetch …’ and ‘info: ERROR … this.currentSeek: …’ which appear in Volumio’s status when MPD updates player’s status. An attempted explanation would be that this plugin twists Volumio’s neck by playing audio stream in ‘Volatile’ mode while displaying metadata in ‘Consume’ mode using a timer to update the Frontend, a mix not very well managed by the pugin which would cause these 2 error infos.
They were originally present in the plugin and are not blocking.
The plugin is working again as before, it seems :slight_smile:
Unzip the Files.zip archive in /data/plugins/music_service/80s80s/ and restart Volumio.
Edit, rename index_for_community.js for index.js : Files.zip (5.2 KB)

Many thanks Fybrox. This plugin I have used form the beginning z when it was not working I was so sad :(. As soon as ai reach home I will update it. I hope that @volumio dev can see your work and maybe they have time to update this great plugin…
For me volumio is about music. What makes so great about this plugin is the Metadata album art for every song and tbe radio channels…

Hi,
What do you mean by renaming the index file?
I add the new files but the numbers after seek string is increasing but after one song I think this is resetted. This is ok?
I think this is still crashes during song but after the song is finished then during the next song is still crashes because the seek string is increasing.
Thanks.

I edited the comment to update the zip where I put wrong filename for index.js, it’s ok now.
I also see this ‘this.currentSeek:’ which gets bigger or smaller and sometimes it’s huge, it’s true but it’s random …
I let the plugin run for hours and I did not have a Volumio crash, in case the Frontend switches to ‘15s Waiting …’ when the metadata server does not respond, then resumes for the next song if the server responds again. I couldn’t do better.

Hi,
So i am having the corrext filname or i needed to download it again?
Thanks for your effort.
Regards

Hi,
Indeed during playing when I ran top the cpu load increases to about 100 %. It is reset to 7 % when the song is finished. But during 4h play no volumio hang up.
@balbuze could you pls kindly help here. I do not think it has to do with platform.
Thanks.

@Fybrox any chance you can upload your work as patch to the repo? Makes reviewing things easer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bad luck, I don’t know how to use github or how it works. I’m just a sunday handyman… Sorry.

Hi,
@ashthespy could you please, when you have time, to take a look in this plugin and try to fix it :)… I will be more than happy to help you in nay how
Edit. I see that the issue has been observed also by ofiras in the post

@ofiras : could you pls share the fix
@balbuze. We need you :). Kindly pls take a look at this plugin.i guess a lot of users will apreciate this effort.

Like I said this is great plugin and the sound is quite qualitative and I use it day by day
Many thanks & regards.

Dear user,
I uploaded a new version of the plugin using files from @Fybrox !
It seems ok :wink: Thanks for your contribution

Hello Mr. Balbuze,

Kindly pls share the path in order to install it.
Not much of a contribution, just having a payid subscription and willing to test.
Regards and Sory for being… as you want to be :).

Florin.

it is available in the official plugin page :wink: but not yet for x86…(need to repair my x86 device)

I am using rpi platform on buster beta. 3.073 I will search it. Regards

for BUSTER, I didn’t check, but for sure you have to install “by hands” :wink: