Official Raspberry Pi touch screen

I experienced the same problem. Here’s what I did:

* close / kill the web GUI
* sudo dpkg --configure -a
       select language with arrow keys and push "enter" key
* uninstall the plugin and re-install the plugin (both in volumio webGUI on PC)

Hello ! i’m fresh to this forum !

First : big thanks for this nice and easy (for non common with linux) player !
Second : i’ve buy the official 7 raspberry touchscreen, and follow the tutorial volumio.org/raspberry-pi-displa … ic-player/
but, as many people here (also in comment on the blog), the screen only shows the linux shell with login.
Could you answer us of what we should do or if we should wait of a new plugin ? (as readed in other post )
many thanks !

Simple question : have you enabled the plugin ? I

yes :slight_smile: and i’ve restarted …

ok, after a fresh installation 2.041 on sdcard, everything is fine and working ! i’ve migrate trough version so far, perhaps the problem comes from here.

Hi,

I have successfully installed the plug-in for the Raspberry Touch screen, and it works, thanks for providing the plug-in to make the installation so easy :smiley:

But I have a small problem - it cannot display non-english character, for example Chinese and Japanese. The web UI works perfectly, so I guess we may need to install some additional modules on to the Volumio. Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Yes, I also want to know how can the UI on touch screen support mulit-lang. I have installed a Japanese font xfonts-kaname like Japanese usually used to setup Japanese environment but it couldn’t help.

Can I replace the font file in somewhere to make the UI support multi-lang, like we did in OSMC?

Hi All,
I am not able to get the touchscreen to work. Have installed the plugin. Volumio is working fine (can listen to music) able to see the web interface via volumio.local/.
Suggestions ?

Thank you !

Hate to resurrect an old thread here, but adding this to the plugin settings would make it so much easier. After my last update I had to reset this after quite some time running perfectly. No I can do this via SSH, that makes it a bit easier to do on the run but would love this option.

I agree with MobeyDuck, every update seems to bring config.txt back to default so also the “lcd_rotate” configuration is erased.

I encountered another issue related to the pi touch screen: the scroll bar is always “on”, the UI seems to be some pixels too big for the screen. How can I fix this? Thanks

Hi there,
When using this plugin along with the 7" official pi touchscreen, is there any way to control the brightness of the screen through Volumio?
Of course automatic dimming will be great for car-use or other applications.

I had the same issue with the plugin, stuck on 70%. Worked after unplugging USB keyboard, reinstall and activate plug in. It will wait for input @70% if anything is plugged in USB port during install.

Hi There,
Is there anybody knowing how to swap axes x/y with the touchscreen’ plugin ?
Thanks for any propositions.
Regards

1 Like

Hi my friends!

I use Volumio on my RasPi2 b, with the 7" officila touchscreen… everything funktions great, but the colors are very light! I took the brightness down to 80 (from 255) but the colors are not really good. How can i set the aplha blend thru Putty?
Or have I something wrong?
my display is normalli 0°.

Other - how can I change the cyan colors to a little bit more green?

Thank you for your help!

Quoting myself again.
The most interesting solutions I found so far are the following:

Backlight control: github.com/linusg/rpi-backlight
Backlight timeout (to increase backlight life): github.com/timothyhollabaugh/pi … en-timeout
Brightness control on schedule: raspberrypi.org/forums/view … 8&t=224066

I’m totally noob using Linux so I’m asking to the PROs here: would it be hard to compile a plugin which includes these solutions?

Thanks a lot - very useful things!

I got support for Japanese, Chinese and Simplified Chinese as well as Hangul Korean by installing the following fonts :

sudo apt-get install ttf-kochi-gothic xfonts-intl-japanese xfonts-intl-japanese-big xfonts-kaname fonts-unfonts-core xfonts-intl-chinese fonts-arphic-uming

You may need additional packages according to the languages you require.