No Internal storage, no NAS at systemstart

Hi, i’m running volumio version 3.601 (20240119) on a Fujitsu Lifebook A512 with 512gb ssd-drive. Volumio is stored on an USB-Stick. Every time at start, no internal storage and no NAS ist displayed on the screen. (The previous volumio-version only started one time with this entries).
I’ve already tried to find out where the internal storage is located. To do this i typed “volumio” in the file manager. As a result i got the partitions volumio and volumio_data presented. But there neither data/INTERNAL nor Internal storage could be discovered. (I’ve also tried unsuccessfully to run volumio on a DELL Latitude 5491. Same result: no internal storage, no NAS)
My intention is to install volumio on that Lifebook A512 and store my music there. Perhaps it is important to mention that until now I’m running LinuxmintOS (LMDE6) on the laptop.
How can i get access to the desired drives, especially the internal storage?

Please enable test mode in <ipaddress>/dev and run the upgrade to V3.611.
When done disable test mode.

But please post a log first it will help Volumio to do some regression testing.
How to send a log.

internal storage should be labeled “issd” or “ihdd” in order to be picked up by Volumio.
/data/INTERNAL is present out-of-the-box and shared as “\\<volumio’s-ip>\Internal Storage”

Now i’m at a loss. Entering F1 in volumio’s gui opens a google-chrome-help-side. F2 doesn’t bring me back to the gui. I have to shutdown the computer by pressing the power button. I don’t have access to volumio’s terminal (cli).
Entering <<volumio’s ip>>/Internal Storage from another Laptop opens the volumio-gui (<>/Playback) again and i do have the same dilemma as before.

Euh you need to do this via SSH.

https://developers.volumio.com/SSH%20Connection

Okay. At least the update is done now (3.611, 20240130).

Entering the terminal or access from another computer?
(So far, the former [F1] has always been possible without SSH. Why is it rejected now?)

• I always prefer from another computer over ssh. Easier to copy and paste.
  • CTRL+ALT+F1, back CTRL+ALT+F2

@klasie F1 does not get you anywhere, not in previous versions either.
You wil need ctrl-alt-F1 to enter a terminal and ctrl-alt-F2 to get back. Linux standard with one getty terminal being spawned.

@Wheaten @gkkpch
Ctrl+Alt+F1/F2: You’re right. That was my fault. Shame on me!

@gkkpch you told me that internal storage (and NAS) should be displayed ootb at systemstart. I’m wondering where mine are gone. (Into digital nirvana? Hopefully it will show up when I log in via SSH).

For the NAS you have to add the CIFS (SMB) or NFS share data, then Volumio will index and show it.
For /data/INTERNAL you have to add music first before Volumio indexes and shows it.
For other internal storage, you need to label the target device as “issd” or “ihdd”, any other device will be skipped.

Thank you @Wheaten and thank you @gkkpch for your patient support.
Meanwhile I’ve installed Volumio on an old dell latitude e6430 and it runs perfectly. The sound ist great and convinces me absolutely. I’ve already introduced Volumio to a hifi-affine friend and he was excited too.