No GUI after reboot - only SSH

Oke try to burn it on windows with win32diskimager

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download

And then we see again if you can get in.

What is your setup rpi ?
And dac
Do you have a screen or not did you see a lightingbolt on screen if you have one
What kind of power supply do you use ?
What version of volumio do you use

This is the last thing I’m going to do. First, I’d like to run what I have. But how to manually start a webgui?

RPI 0W 2, Pimoroni phat dac, psu for mobile phones but good brand and enough power, latest Volumio version.

Psu for mobile will most of the times not work you can better use a pi original one i had a problem with my psu i though i buy a beefy 5.2 / 5amp one from a site that sells for rpi in the end after testing multiple versions i went back to
The original and problem solved …. So yes it can be your psu.
Most of the time you get a warning of undervoltage ( the lighting bolt on screen)

I have the original power supply at work - tomorrow I will bring it and check if it helps.

If you can connect a screen you can see what happens
But it can be power or bad burning of the image that can happen you don’t see it in the program most of the times so use the one of the office and burn it
With win32diskimager that should work i have 2 rpi4 /4gb up and running
We could try a older version if this is not working.

Oh yes, version 2.x worked like a charm.

Version 3 is not like version 2.xx burning ways are different.
And you have to create a account for 3.xx that was not there in vers 2.xx

Do you use a firewall or/and a pihole?

But in the manual says:

Flash the .img file onto your SD card using BalenaEtcher

Do you use a firewall or/and a pihole?

No.

Manual isn’t updated you should read this

And see if your problem is there it will anwser many questions.

Hello
How do you enable SSH if you can’t access WebUi?

To make it clear: after fresh installation everything works fine - sometimes for few days and sometimes for about 2 weeks. Then something freezes - in the Android application there is spinning circle when I want to play music. So I reboot it via SSH. After that the device starts, but WebUi doesn’t work anymore. Android application can’t find it anymore.

so when the problem starts then volumio no longer appears in the android application but you can still connect to ssh.

so volumio no longer appears via ip address browser?
or does both not work anymore and the ip address browser and android volumio app?

That’s correct. I can connect to it only via SSH. The application on my mobile phone cannot find the volumio device and volumio no longer appears in browser on my laptop.

So it looks like a corrupted system.

But 5 times per 2 months?

as @dvo pointed out, a faulty or underamped popwer supply may be causing the problem.
or a micro sd card that is going bad.

I’ve had the same problem on a RPi 3B+ with latest Volumio stable release.

Need to reflash Volumio every few weeks (+ re-uploading the music on the SD takes 24h).
No customization, no plugin, just base Volumio.

SSH is up but the GUI shutdowns and keep rebooting once in a while (intro music playing again).

Used different SD card of different sizes and brands.
RPi has no issue playing as a Retropie, only Volumio keeps crashing.

Unusable.

Possibly a failing power supply. Volumio is very stable on Pi3/4.

It came back with the latest Volumio update.

So… definitely a software bug.

I got tired of VOLUMIO working on and off, crashing down at the slightest plugin issue, and bought an EverSolo DMP-A6.

I’m not coming back, I finally got a music streamer that boots quickly and just WORKS (touch screen, multi-channel DTS/PCM/DSD, UPnP, SACD ISOs).

And finally, with the “Start silence” setting of the A6, no more cropping at the beginning of an album!
Something VOLUMIO could never do.

My RPi 3B+ is back at being a RetroPie again.