No boot after update to v3.611

After updating to v3.611 two of my Volumios (Pi4 and Pi3B) won’t boot. I wonder that the update was working, because before there was en error that the boot partition is to small and the update was not possible. Now there is no error but after the update the volumio won’t boot anymore. I think because of the boot partition which is too small.

please see here

1 Like

Yes, i know this. But the thing is that this message does NOT appear and it ends up in a broken installation after reboot. Looks like this check (and message) was removed.

@volumio could you have a look?

the message should pop-up for all the releases after 3.569

@Darmur thanks will check

Yes it “should” but it looks like it does not. :grimacing:
I tried to repair the installation (deleted boot partition, created a new larger one and copied the files from the download image of v3.611). It boots now, but ends up in a “strange” situation. I have no web access for example and it tells mi i am on v3.601 as i remember correct.
Reflashing is not so easy… :face_with_peeking_eye:

It’s Handy.

Thanks, but it is much more than only “the hardware” :wink: There are some scripts, ssh keys, settings and much more on this “thing”. It’s a raspberry, so it is not only to listen music :grin: It is part of my home assist system. I had more than 2h to reconfigure and test everything :hot_face:

i put my card outside with eazy access ( tip )

@Darmur you were right, was not in place. Now it is. Thanks

1 Like

It was me reporting this, but no problem :wink:
Thanks for fixing it.

Right, thanks also to you!

Have you fixed it? Looks like update is still working when boot partition is too small. :thinking:
I have more devices to update, but for them i need a ladder to reflash :joy:

I needed you to tell me twice :wink:

Fixed now

Yes, it works now! I’m glad I don’t have to climb the ladder, it’s cold outside (Sensor reports 3.3°C). :cold_face:
Thanks for fixing it. :+1: