New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

OK, I did …

• plugin uninstall
  • plugin test mode off
  • restart
  • plugin v3.0.7 install

Everything still working very well, selecting tracks via plugin and via my phone’s spotify app.

While trying to follow these instructions, I get an error trying to uninstall version 3.0.6.

An error occurred while uninstalling the plugin: Error

How do you get around that? I’ve tried rebooting a couple times already.

1 Like

Silly default ssh password limitation. Got it.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same thing. Tried different builds (currently using 3.0.7) and tried deleting cache in the spotify and volumio apps but still happening

Does anyone know if this is being looked at?

It’s on Volumio’s todo list

This is something that we can fix now, we have been given access to some undocumented features of vollibrespot that will allow us to fix this

6 Likes

I 've been cautious about reporting good news, but after 2 days it also seems to have done the trick here. Spotify Connect works pretty good here after doing a delete-restart-reinstall of the plugin :+1:

2 Likes

That sounds great, do you have any idea when a fix might be available?

Great. Is it possible to get access to this features or to a testing version of the fixed plugin?

I’m having the exact same issue when switching to Spotify from playing files from local NAS.

Running Volumio 3.396, Spotify connect 3.0.7 and in “plugin test mode”

The workaround of deleting the queue after playing from the NAS and starting playing from Spotify Connect works very well. You can then use Spotify glitch free.

I can confirm this: Emptying the que in the Volumio app, then back to Spotify and it works again.

Apart from the above issue I can still confirm a properly working connection with Spotify Connect too :+1:

How do you delete the cue .Where is it located?

Thanks will try it ,great explanation!

I have the same trouble. 3.0.6 at least played.

2 Likes

Did you try this process. Worked for those above,

It doesn’t cure. Playing stops at 1st or 2nd second. Once it runs but there was no sound.

1 Like

Hey all,
I’ve just installed this plug in, and got it all working on a pi3. However, when I start playing back, and attempt to shuffle the queue, things still play in the playlist order.

Volumio version 3.396, plugin version 3.0.7

logs.volumio.org/volumio/Ydt9FyL.html

Spotify plugin 3.0.7 is finally working in Volumio 3.396, but with software volume control only. This is unacceptable. I use a Hifiberry Digi hat with no mixer option to avoid sound quality degradation due to digital volume control. Is there a way to make it work with no mixer option?