New 2023 Spotify Plugin

Thanks guys for the feedbacks, we’ll do an update to the plugin adding the external volume capability and the pregain setting

4 Likes

What comes to normalisation it’s a different story. According Spotify they are using normalisation of -14 dB LUFS.

Spotify Loudness Normalisation

However, for some tracks when using 6 dB normalisation pregain the daemon reports this:

level=warning msg="reducing track normalisation factor to prevent clipping, please add negative pregain to avoid"

Meaning that the daemon then restricts the normalisation factor to prevent clipping. Really can’t say for sure is the current implementation sufficient or not and should it be possible to override it totally.

The music stops but the volumio status (you can see it in volumio.local/dev), is still on “Playing” which means that any plugin that makes use of the volumio status (like the GPIO control for example) won’t work. If the music stops playing in the volumio device, the status should be on pause or stop.

1 Like

I have the same issue

1 Like

Will you fix the shuffle feature in Spotify Connect and the song timer in Volumio App?

1 Like

This shuffle feature would be great

New version 4.0.4 out :wink:

What’s new:

• First implementation of random (some tweaks still to be made)
  • Avoid double volume control. If Hardware or software volume is available only one volume (via volumio) is applied)
  • Added replay-gain setting

Enjoy!

9 Likes

Thanks!
I had to go all the way up to +9 gain to match level of tracks on Spotify v the same on my NAS.
Random is working for me, except the first track on a playlist always plays first, thereafter random works 100%.

Noticeable that when doing A/B comparison with MP3 320 tracks Spotify v local MP3 320 tracks how dull Spotify sounds. Nothing to do with Volumio’s implementation, it’s just something Spotify (don’t) do.

1 Like

I have the following issue.
I play Music from server or via web radio
then I connect with android Spotify App to Volumio and start to play Music.
The web radio or server music was not stoped or paused before playing from spotify.
Now spotify plays music but every 5-10 seconds I hear glitches from server music or web radio. When I pause or stop spotify over the android spotify app, the web radio or server plays again without action from my side or better said had never stopped playing music.
When I stop webradio or server before and start then with spotify all is working perfect.

It seems when spotify starts it do not stop the other source and fight around who is allowed to come out of the speaker.
Ideas?
Cheers Korniman

Yes, switching between Connect and other Volumio sources is a known problem. You need to stop one before starting the other. Hopefully it’ll be fixed one day.

4 Likes

Random playback via Spotify Connect now works. Many thanks for that.

Hello, and thank you very much for this new version ! Everything works and the volume synchronisation over multiple devices is cool.

I’m having issues with a single iphone which refuses to see the Spotify player (Audiophonics Evo-Sabre DAC). All other devices (clients) work. I have reset network preferences on this iphone, turned off VPN, etc. but it won’t see Spotify connect. It does however see Apple Airplay.

I downgraded to version 4.0.2 and presto, this iphone sees the server.

I really don’t have the slightest idea what the problem is on this individual device.

Greetings and happy Christmas and New Year.

Yes, it would be great if it would be fixed soon (Spotify connect to start while stopping e.g. web radio).

1 Like

I’m new here. I have Volumio 3.569 installed on an Rpi 4 with the Spotify 4.0.4 plugin. I’m a free user.

I’m having the skipping issues described elsewhere in this thread. It’s seemingly random, at some point during pretty much every song, it’ll skip to the next song. This only happens with Spotify.

The only potential “fix” I’ve seen here is to disable multiroom playback from the sources menu, but as a free user, that option is always disabled for me.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

V4.0.4. when signed in to Spotify other people not linked with my account cannot see this device in Spotify on their phones / PCs. As soon as I logout,turn off the plugin, and then turn it back on the device it shows up for them.

I was able to see it the entire time, it was using my account though.

Yes - That’s true and should be documented !!! - or even better be fixed

it also tricked me

br
Josef

1 Like

Damn, thanks for this. I could see the devices but not my housemates. It’d be nice if it could fixed though, I still want to be able to search Spotify directly in Volumio, and you cannot if you’re not logged in.

Happy to report that the plugin 4.0.4 with preamp-gain solved the sound level issue for me
(Raspberry Pi3, DAC Allo Piano 2.1 with Kali. The manual “edit a config file” didn’t worked for me when suggested earlier in the forum)! Thanks for the work.
6dB seem the right amount for me but now…
Would there be a downside to go to 9dB for instance ? (just asking to have a better understanding of what’s going on)

The last months work Volumino not with my Hardware and spotify, (Allo Boss2). I’ve tried everything.
Please Help me.
Thank you!