The intention of my new project was to remove the micro-hifi-tower into a small fancy box.
This one should have an amplifier too.
So I ordered the following things:
- Raspberry Pi B+
- MicroSD with volumio (!!)
- YAMAHA YDA138-E Digital Amplifier board 2x20W ebay.de/itm/261684128416
- DAC Sabre ES9023 I2S
- power supply 12V/2A 5V/2A (from an old ext. HDD)
Now I put all together and look if it works…
Thanks to “toni”; he told me how to connect the DAC.
Here is the wiring diagram:
J8-4 --> +5V to DAC
J8-6 --> GND to DAC
J8-12 --> BCK black
J8-35 --> LRCK red
J8-39 --> GND yellow
J8-40 --> DATA white
The DAC with volumio 1.55 works “out of the box”. Only select “hifiberry” in the DAC section and reboot. Nothing else is required.
Now I looked around in the kitchen for a suitable case. My eyes catched the vintage coffee grinder and I thought - this is it!
The knob of the coffee drawer should be the volume control.
Here is the additional part list:
- 2x Terminal gold-plated, black
- 2x Terminal gold-plated, red
- 2x 2x10pol. Receptacle, straight, RM 2,54
- Shaft coupling from 4mm to 6mm
- Exterior chrome reflector, with 5mm LED, blue
- XLR chassis plug, 3-pin
- XLR connector, 3 pole
- USB 2.0 A plug to Micro-USB B-plug
all together about EUR 12,- at reichelt.de